Sojourner's Place

miss scarlett, frankly i DO give a damn!  

Posted by SjP in ,

Had a chance to read the recent post entitled Hillary's Scarlett O'Hara Act? Hope so, because it puts this post into some sort of context.

Why is it that "they" can cry - get upset - even rock the boat and the ocean separates just to make "them" happy. But "you" oh lord! You better not because then your labeled as paranoid - too aggressive - not a team player. It never ceases to amaze me that irregardless of MY job description my duties remain that of "mammy". Clean up after. Nurture. Take care of. Train. Nurse. Dance. Scratch my head. And oh yes - DON'T MAKE WAVES!

Is it me? It just seems to me that "they" can cry - and as a result get a raise and promoted. Us?. . .well, if we do we might need to start looking for another place of employment.

My hurt and my feelings are no less important than my white counterparts - and I'm tired of them being minimized and marginalized. In this day and age you would think that the mammy-syndrome would be long gone. But I guess not. But unlike Rhett Butler - - Miss Scarlett, frankly I DO give a damn!

HOLLA BACK!

Sphere: Related Content

This entry was posted at Thursday, February 14, 2008 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the .

0 sojourners hollin' back

Locations of visitors to this page
Visit SjP's Trophy Room for a Complete Tour

Best Posts

View blog authority

BlogBurst.com

RSSMicro FeedRank Results Page Rank Check My Zimbio Add to Technorati Favorites
Powered By Blogger

ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45 ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45