Sojourner's Place

for my mamma, a new meme: sunday inspirations  

Posted by SjP in , ,

The darkest hour may be just before dawn, but the Good Book says:

JOY COMES IN THE MORNING!


Tomorrow, May 12 is Mother's Day. A day when we honor our mother's and tell them just how much we care and love them. I am guilty of not telling my own Mother just how important she has been and continues to be in my life. While we more times than not disagree, I have never doubted her love and support. Her life has not been a "crystal stair...there's been some thorns in it" yet, she has always been there to support, love, and inspire!

So Mamma, this meme is dedicated to you! Sunday Inspirations, is the meme to get help get us through the week ahead, the trials we may face, and yes, to say Thank Ya and testify! I hope that you participate and share with us your Sunday Inspirations. Your weekly contribution may very well be the inspiration that someone else may need and has been looking for.

The Rules:

1. Anyone can participate.
2 You may post a video, poem, religious verse, song, story, picture, ANYTHING that has given you inspiration and the motivation to go on. Just make sure not to offend anyone.
3. Add your name to the meme list so others can be inspired.
4. Be and get inspired and be sure to comment.

Happy Mother's Day Mamma (DLW) ! Love you much, b***a!


Beams of Heaven Antioch Baptist Church Englewood







Obliged to you for hearing me, and now old Sojourner('s Place) ain't got nothing more to say. ~~SjP

Sphere: Related Content

This entry was posted at Saturday, May 10, 2008 and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the .

18 sojourners hollin' back

SjP,

This is a wonderful idea!

May 11, 2008 at 12:17 AM

Much obliged, MLD! Very much obliged! SjP

May 11, 2008 at 12:31 AM

Sunday Inspirations ... remarkable idea. I joined your weekly meme today. My entry is up & running.

Your post and the video from Beams of Heaven are uplifting. Thank you for doing this...

May 11, 2008 at 9:31 AM
Anonymous  

Another new meme for my daughter on Mothers Day, May 10, 2008. My Dearest, I used to call you "my only sunshine" when you were just a little girl. Yes, there were dark times and paths to walk in; but through it all there is one thing I KNEW at all times and in all places and that is: There has Always been Love from God Himself between us, for us and through us branching toward one another. The Beams of Heaven have often turned the midnights into days and led us in peace to another place beyond all understanding. You are in my daily thoughts my daughter, adviser and delight. You shall remain my princess, and your brother is still my "little bitty man". You and yours, your brother and his have my devotion for ever. I'm the Mamma and I have spoken.

May 11, 2008 at 3:59 PM

That's MY MAMMA Ya'll! Love you much! SjP

May 11, 2008 at 4:04 PM
Anonymous  

I saw your Sunday Inspirations post regarding Mother's day. This is the first Mother's day for me without my mother available to me in the flesh. I still remember the little things she did and said that often make me smile, even when I don't want too. I guess that is just another of the many valuable things mothers impart on their children.
Me and my siblings have be keeping a list the some of mothers sayings that I thought I'd share. I don't type very fast so bare with me.
The list can be seen a www.theMooche.com under A TRIBUTE TO MOTHER.

Happy Mother's day

May 11, 2008 at 5:54 PM

theMooche - much obliged for stopping by and sharing Your Mother her at SjP's. I think when we remember our loved ones and smile it just them telling us that all is well and that they're watching over us. That makes their "home going" a little easier to bare. SjP

May 11, 2008 at 7:24 PM

I have just come back from spending the day with my mom and it was delightful...

Thank you SjP for such a wonderful and inspiring meme...count me in!

May 11, 2008 at 7:41 PM

Much obliged MsMarvalus! Much obliged! SjP

May 12, 2008 at 12:41 AM

How sweet to read your mom's words SjP, so heartfelt. They blessed my day a bit more.

May 12, 2008 at 1:23 AM

Good idea!

My mom, after raising four daughters of her own, decided to allow my older sister's son to live with her during the school year so she can complete school. She sacrificed her time and lack of energy to make sure he has everything he needs.

That's the most recent story I have of my mother. Ever since I can remember, she's always sacrificed herself so others (friends and family alike) can have, even if it means that she will go without.

May 12, 2008 at 10:31 AM
Anonymous  

What a lovely idea, I'm in. Sorry I just got your comments, I was out of town. I have a new blogger and she has been handling things in my absence. But I'm back, and I would love to join your meme.

May 14, 2008 at 9:34 PM
Anonymous  

Awww, your mama so sweet.

May 14, 2008 at 9:35 PM

Mrs G - now you know I know how it is! There is life outside of blogging...isn't there? Much obliged for joining the meme! SjP

May 14, 2008 at 9:56 PM

I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day.

My mother has been gone over 14 years, but her memories are still with me. She was a wonderful mother. Her love will be with me until I die.

Maxine Thompson
http://www.maxinethompson.com

May 15, 2008 at 2:37 AM

Maxine, much obliged for stopping by. I hope you will be inspired to participate in Sunday Inspirations.

While my Mom is still alive, I do still find it hard to believe that my Dad has been gone for almost 25 years. And yes, his love remains with me also. SjP

May 15, 2008 at 4:48 AM

This is a wonderful Idea, just sorry it took me so long to come over here and see about it.

May 25, 2008 at 4:35 AM

@ dghnfgj,

your comments are always welcome as long as they relate to the posts or contents of this blog. When they do not - they are remove.

SjP

February 6, 2009 at 11:55 PM
Locations of visitors to this page
Visit SjP's Trophy Room for a Complete Tour

Best Posts

View blog authority

BlogBurst.com

RSSMicro FeedRank Results Page Rank Check My Zimbio Add to Technorati Favorites
Powered By Blogger

ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45 ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45