Sojourner's Place

osf...movie songs  

Posted by SjP in ,

My first thought for this week's OSF post was to conclude with another tribute and commemoration of the Kent State Massacre 38 years ago. But, realizing that this has been a "dark" and somewhat depressing blogging week for ole' SjP - still reeling over that 12 hour email conversation with Peggy from American Thinker, I decided to asked my Best Half for his advise. He said, given the content of my previous post, through my uppity negro eyes, I should post this song sung by a truly soulful legend and used in what many consider one of most important movies of our time. This song is fitting and serves as a prophetic message that may no longer be a dream deferred - but a reality within our grasp and our lifetime. Thank you, Baby! This is perfect and right on time.

No introduction needed or required - only a warning that you may need a tissue. Listen, enjoy, and celebrate!







Obliged to you for hearing me, and now old Sojourner('s Place) ain't got nothing more to say. ~~SjP

Sphere: Related Content

This entry was posted at Friday, May 09, 2008 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the .

9 sojourners hollin' back

Anonymous  

What a great way to start the day. This is one of my favorite songs of all time.

May 9, 2008 at 8:26 AM

Lawd have mercy! This is a classic and it's very moving. Thanks.
Enjoy your weekend. I play one more again before I leave.

Peace,
HD

May 9, 2008 at 9:51 AM

Yes Lord!!!
Classic... no other words necessary!

May 9, 2008 at 11:55 AM

The sweet sweet sounds of the one and only Sam Cooke. He was my Grandma's favorite.

May 9, 2008 at 1:00 PM

I remember my mother used to sing this song around the house...I never understood until I heard the song in Malcolm X (yeah, it took me that long)...

Truly inspiring! Thanks!

May 9, 2008 at 1:08 PM

Oh Man sjp you found a good one,
this song makes my spirit move

May 9, 2008 at 6:00 PM
Anonymous  

Yes, this song will always synonymous with the movie Malcolm X; it is a very inspirational song indeed; Sam simply made a classic!

:::Marcus LANGFORD:::

May 11, 2008 at 9:47 PM
Anonymous  

I have been humming this song since I came across it again on your blog. It makes me wonder why we don't make music like this anymore.

May 14, 2008 at 12:34 AM

...and what music our children will be inspired by when they get our age...kind of sad wouldn't you say? SjP

May 14, 2008 at 12:55 AM
Locations of visitors to this page
Visit SjP's Trophy Room for a Complete Tour

Best Posts

View blog authority

BlogBurst.com

RSSMicro FeedRank Results Page Rank Check My Zimbio Add to Technorati Favorites
Powered By Blogger

ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45 ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45