Sojourner's Place

old school Friday…girl groups or make up songs  

Posted by SjP in ,

It’s Friday and that means it’s Old School Friday! Not sure if the theme for this week is Girl Groups or Make Up songs, but I think my selections qualify for both. By now, most of you are very familiar with my the OSF genre coming from SjP’s. Bet you’re expecting something really old like Martha and the Vandellas or the Supremes. Nope! Not this week. Not too old…I’m in the 80s this week with one of my all time favorite Girl Groups, The Emotions!


I Don’t Wanna Lose Your Love


You Got the Best of My Love

Speak the Truth!

Obliged to you for hearing me, and now old SjP ain't got nothing more to say.

Mrs. Grapevine and Ms. Marvalus are the creators of this bloggie meme. Click here for more info.





Want more OSF! Check out these sites:

Sphere: Related Content

This entry was posted at Friday, July 25, 2008 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the .

10 sojourners hollin' back

I love the Emotions! and best Of My Love was a personal favorite!
Happy OSF, have a great weekend!

July 25, 2008 at 4:16 AM

Very nice, SjP...the Emotions know how to put it down!

Happy OSF!

July 25, 2008 at 7:03 AM

These are actually too of my favorite songs and need to be added to my Top Songs list! Thanks for the reminder :) Great picks.

Happy OSF!

July 25, 2008 at 10:13 AM

Great choices! Those ladies surely can sign. I love the second song, definitely one of my favorites.

Have a blessed weekend.

In light and love

Danielle

July 25, 2008 at 10:34 AM

SJP,

I love them and play The Emotions on my iPod all the time. Happy OSF.

July 25, 2008 at 10:54 AM

Awww, I'm going to be singing Best Of My Love all day. Excellent choice. :-)

July 25, 2008 at 12:40 PM

SjP!

You hit two of my favorite by The Emotions! I was up on my feet singing and dancing right along with them.

Great choice!

July 25, 2008 at 8:38 PM

@ Shae'-Shae', glad you stopped by. For some reason, I'm not able to pull up your blog on any of the computers I use. Just wanted to let you know in case other are having the same problem. Much obliged for stopping by.
_____________

Hi ya'll! I love the Emotions! So, glad you enjoyed this week's picks.

July 26, 2008 at 12:27 AM

Hi Sojourner - I remember the Emotions from when I was a little girl. Thanks for the memories and the big smile. Also, thanks for stopping by my site. Your blog is wonderful and I'm making it part of my daily blog stroll. :-)

July 26, 2008 at 1:21 AM

The first song, she said "dinner is ready and the wine is chilled." That's what I'm talking about. If you don't know how to cook, learn!

The second song is a feel good song. That's feeling secure in love.

Have a great weekend...

July 26, 2008 at 9:39 AM
Locations of visitors to this page
Visit SjP's Trophy Room for a Complete Tour

Best Posts

View blog authority

BlogBurst.com

RSSMicro FeedRank Results Page Rank Check My Zimbio Add to Technorati Favorites
Powered By Blogger

ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45 ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45