Sojourner's Place

wordless wednesday...have you seen namia vaught?  

Posted by SjP in ,

UPDATE: NAMIA FOUND SAFE!!! THIS IS WONDERFUL NEWS!

LORIS, SC (WIS) - Officials from the Loris Police Department say Marco Vaught has been caught in Brunswick County, North Carolina.Authorities say Evette Vaught and her 2-year-old daughter Namia Vaught are okay.SLED Officials issued an AMBER Alert for Namia early Saturday morning.Officials say Namia had gone missing along with her mother Evette. According to authorities, 25-year-old Marco Murice Vaught came to Evette's father's home and forced the two to go with him.The couple's 11-year-old daughter ran to a neighbor's house.The neighbor, Ellamae Miller, said the girl arrived at her house asking for help."She told me that her mother said she needs some help. Her husband was over there trying to get her out of the house. And she was screaming and so upset, hollering for help, and so I told her to go on and call 911, and she called the police," Miller said. "I just gave her the phone and she was telling them please hurry, come on, come on. Please come on. She needs help."

Case Type: Family Abduction -- Case Number: NCMC1100891
Missing Date: Jul 19, 2008 -- Missing From: LORIS, SC

DOB: Sep 19, 2005 -- Sex: Female -- Age Now: 2
Height: 2'6" (76 cm) -- Weight: 22 lbs (10 kg)
Hair Color: Black -- Eye Color: Brown

Circumstances: Namia and her mother, Evette Vaught, were last seen on July 18, 2008. They may be in the company of an adult male relative.


Sojourner's Place supports the efforts of Black and Missing but Not Forgotten.

Speak the Truth!

Obliged to you for hearing me, and now old SjP ain't got nothing more to say.


Sphere: Related Content

This entry was posted at Wednesday, July 23, 2008 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the .

16 sojourners hollin' back

Good Morning SjP, that sweet little baby's face gave me a heavy heart this morning. I pray that she and her mother are fine.

Thank you again for using your WW for such an important issue.

July 23, 2008 at 8:06 AM
Anonymous  

Thoughts and prayers that all will turn out OK here...

July 23, 2008 at 1:51 PM
Anonymous  

This is troubling. However, this is the most meaningful Wordless Wednesday.

July 23, 2008 at 1:52 PM

What a moving way to participate in Wordless Wednesday. I hope Namia and her mother make it home safe and sound.

July 23, 2008 at 2:02 PM

What a wonderful use for WW. I hope this beautiful little girl is found safe and soon.

-smarmoofus

July 23, 2008 at 2:40 PM
Anonymous  

Thank you for commenting on our blog and thus sharing with us about little Namia and her mother Evette. Our prayers are with them and I will post a seperate blog on their behalf later.

On a seperate (and yet not)note, you invite us to "feel free to be both candid and honest..." If you looked at our blog, you will see that I am white and my husband is black - our children therefore are mixed. My parents have literally disowned me and will not speak to me because my husband is black and they do not even acknowledge the existence of our children. On the other hand, their are people who are Black who do not associate with our family for the same reason.
I really like your blog and everything I have seen so far, it does bother me though that you have "Black and Missing but Not Forgotten" Some will say I am picking at straws, but I live with these straws if you will. What if my children were missing? They are not black. They are not white. They are both! Just food for though from someone who as I said, "lives with these straws." I understand the title is the name of a group, I just do not like segregation of any kind; I think somewhere along the line someone will get hurt from it.

Once more, thank you for visiting our blog and I really hope you will come back and that others will as well. And our prayers are with this beautiful family. Will you be posting updates as you have them?

Blessing and Peace from our Abba Daddy.

July 23, 2008 at 2:56 PM

Excellent idea! And I truly hope this or some other resource gets some results. I'm going to put a link to this in a post so it's visible to any of my visitors. I live in North Carolina, but you never know where the missing will turn up, right?

July 23, 2008 at 3:28 PM
Anonymous  

I am the husband of "Amy-Happy Momma". My wife just informed me about this missing little girl and so I checked www.amberalert.com and found that there is no Amber Alert on her in SC. That means the public doesn't even know she is missing. Any idea what's going on with amberalert? Any alternatives for get the word out en masse?
Blessings,
Miles

July 23, 2008 at 3:30 PM
Anonymous  

Wow, what a great cause. Thanks for letting me know about your site.

July 23, 2008 at 3:47 PM

Shoulda checked it out first.
The girl and her mom are back home
Loris mom talks following weekend kidnapping

July 23, 2008 at 3:55 PM

@ Mojo, much obliged for the link. We must do all we can to get the word out.

@ Amy, much obliged for visiting SjP's. Please know that you have a standing invitation. Yes, I do plan to update when possible and information is available.

I have decided to dedicate my WW posts to those individuals who are black and missing because no one ever seems to cover them in the news media. Each day, I watch the news and have yet to see extensive news coverage on people (African-Americans) who are missing and/or endangered. I do agree with you with respect to the negative impact of segregation "someone will get hurt from it". And it is because of that that I have elected to post my WW's in this manner because far too many innocent African-American men, women, and children have been hurt by being excluded from missing radar in mainstream media.

While you may consider your children neither black nor white, you only need look to Barack Obama, Halle Berry, Tiger Woods, Mariah Carey, and others who are from multi-racial parents and yet they are considered Black. Just food for thought...

@ Miles (Amy's Husband/Anonymous), I don't know exactly how the Amber Alert works. Seems like Namia's case should qualify - but, I really don't know. With respect to getting the word out, I've really struggled with this. Me posting WWs just doesn't seem to be enough. I've been thinking about bombarding the national news outlets with emails and links to these posts - but, somehow I still don't think that will be enough. But, because Namia is from your home state of SC, might be worthwhile to check the media outlets there to see what, if anything is being done with respect to her disappearence.

I also encourage you and your wife to consider dedicating at least one WW post per month to the missing but not forgotten - regardless of race, creed, or color. These are precious lives who must be found.

-----------
Much obliged everyone for stopping by on this WW. Really appreciate it.

SjP

July 23, 2008 at 4:48 PM
Anonymous  

So glad to hear this news. I have no doubt that the attention brought to these cases by African American bloggers has increased the amount of attention police officers give to these cases.

July 23, 2008 at 5:42 PM

So absolutely wonderful this child has been found. Very moving use of WW.

July 23, 2008 at 6:37 PM

@ Mojo, When I prepared this post Namie was still listed as missing. The update was just made today on the National site. But much obliged...always need as many sets of eyes as possible!

@ BoC, I certainly hope so. During the past 7 months I've been blogging, I've seen so much activism that has changed the course that it truly pleases me to be a part of this type of advocacy. That's the reason I decided to dedicate my WW post for this cause.

@Sukmandir - it is wonderful news, isn't. Much obliged for stopping by.

July 23, 2008 at 7:34 PM

That's great news. It is seldom that you hear of a missing-person found later on. Her guardian angels were there to protect her and her mom.

July 23, 2008 at 9:28 PM
Anonymous  

I am glad to hear that Namia was found and safe.

July 23, 2008 at 10:24 PM
Locations of visitors to this page
Visit SjP's Trophy Room for a Complete Tour

Best Posts

View blog authority

BlogBurst.com

RSSMicro FeedRank Results Page Rank Check My Zimbio Add to Technorati Favorites
Powered By Blogger

ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45 ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45