Sojourner's Place

old school friday...road trip songs  

Posted by SjP in ,

It's Friday and that means it's a the day for dancing, singing and remembering! This week's theme is Road Trip Songs! Now I know that there are some songs that are specifically associated with taking a road trip that everyone might recognize or relate. But, this song by Earth, Wind, and Fire was always popped into the 8-track when me and my girlfriends took a road trip- even if we were only going downtown - in my white on red 1975 Buick La Sabre convertible! Hope you enjoy! Incidentally, this rendition of The Way of the World was preformed by EWF on December 11th 2007 at the Nobel Peace Prize Concert in Oslo, Norway.






Mrs. Grapevine and Ms. Marvalus are the creators of this bloggie meme. Click here for more info. Want more OSF! Check out these sites:




Speak the Truth!



Obliged to you for hearing me, and now old SjP ain't got nothing more to say.

Sphere: Related Content

This entry was posted at Friday, September 19, 2008 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the .

8 sojourners hollin' back

You can never go wrong with Earth, Wind, and Fire. Happy weekend, SjP.

September 19, 2008 at 7:57 AM
Anonymous  

Love EW&F! Philip Bailey is the man. :-)

[Please note domain change to heyshae.com/blog. Thanks.]

September 19, 2008 at 11:35 AM

That's the way...

I like this song a lot, and never thought of it as a road song. The Reasons on the other hand, I play that every road trip...Singing along in my high pitch off-tune voice...

September 19, 2008 at 12:57 PM

Classic!! You can't EVER go wrong with EWF!!
Have a great weekend!

September 19, 2008 at 6:33 PM

You sure cannot go wrong with EWF!!!

September 19, 2008 at 8:37 PM

Really good choice. That is one of my all time favorite songs. Happy OSF and have a great weekend!

September 19, 2008 at 9:21 PM

Man I I just realized I dont have any EWF on my playlists, good pick.

September 20, 2008 at 10:04 AM
Anonymous  

Sojourner!

You can never, ever go wrong with EWF. Not ever. A childhood friend of mine is now on tour with them as a roadmanager/personal assistant for Philip Bailey, and he was actually at that show in Norway.

Great choice!

September 20, 2008 at 12:54 PM
Locations of visitors to this page
Visit SjP's Trophy Room for a Complete Tour

Best Posts

View blog authority

BlogBurst.com

RSSMicro FeedRank Results Page Rank Check My Zimbio Add to Technorati Favorites
Powered By Blogger

ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45 ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45