Sojourner's Place

old school friday...the artist known as prince  

Posted by SjP in ,

Today is Friday and that means it's time for a little old school music. This week's theme is Prince. This promises to be an exciting day of full of electricity and fire works - cause we all know how Prince do what he do. So, in keeping with that thought, I present to you one of my all time favorites from the Artist who will always be known as Prince.




Mrs. Grapevine and Ms. Marvalus are the creators of this bloggie meme. Click here for more info. Want more OSF! Check out these sites:


Obliged to you for hearing me,
and now old SjP ain't got nothin' more to say...

~~~ ~~~ ~~~
Technorati ~ ~ Del.icio.us ~ ~ Digg This! ~ ~ StumbleUpon ~ ~ Email SjP ~ ~ FeedBlitz

Sphere: Related Content

This entry was posted at Saturday, October 11, 2008 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the .

17 sojourners hollin' back

Good pick. Erotic City is a nice old school jam. Happy OSF.

October 10, 2008 at 2:52 AM
Anonymous  

This one makes you just want to dress up in some 80s gear and rock out. Happy OSF soror!

October 10, 2008 at 9:59 AM
Anonymous  

OK I had to rock this twice before I could even comment. This was a song that got lots of play in my house. Yes I was young, but dammit it was the jam! :-)

October 10, 2008 at 10:29 AM

Man, that is my jam! And they use to play it on the radio, f-word and all back in the day. I hear he's not performing his more explicit songs anymore. Which is a shame. Happy OSF!

October 10, 2008 at 10:53 AM
Anonymous  

One of my favs from Prince (and Shelia E.)...Happy OSF Ya'll!!!

October 10, 2008 at 11:21 AM

OMG, you went there sis!! What a classic. I was in the military when this song came out and we would be rocking in our uniforms!

October 10, 2008 at 11:36 AM

thats my folk and love the new diggs and wanna laugh? chk this out 10 weeks of seperation

October 10, 2008 at 11:40 AM

I'm sorry for linking "God Mammogram" on this post also. That's what I get for multi-tasking. ;)

I'm taking off from posting this week because YouTube didn't offer "Little Red Corvette." So, I'll enjoy Prince elsewhere.

Happy OSF!

October 10, 2008 at 12:01 PM

By the way, I really like the blog template—pleasing to the eyes and great color choice.

October 10, 2008 at 12:03 PM
Anonymous  

You can definitely tell the Prince fans! Great pick. Man, I remember when that album cover came out and I was like, "Now...I really like Prince but..."

Needless to say I have the album.

October 10, 2008 at 2:00 PM

Sweet! Excellent pick! Somebody should just throw a Prince party! with all the jamming going on today!

October 10, 2008 at 2:49 PM
Anonymous  

You know what's great we all managed to pick different songs. I forgot about Erotic City, this is the jam. I have to download this, I forgot how hot this song is. This makes you want to hit the dance floor, or the pole...LOL

Great Choice!!!!

October 10, 2008 at 9:24 PM

The pole is right...Erotic City is just one of those songs!

Whew!

October 10, 2008 at 10:30 PM

Gosh, lookin' at eveybody's picks I am reminded of the songs I usta love so much and kinda forgot. That's his legacy, that you forget more of his genius than 90% of the artists today will ever have in total in their lifetime.

October 10, 2008 at 11:18 PM

@ Pjazzypar, much obliged for stopping by and jamming with me for a bit. Don't be a stranger.

@ Vivrant Thang, right with you! Shall we do that AKA stroll?

@ Shae', ooooo! LOL!

@ Kim, not performing any more? Now that's a shame cause I do like this cut...f-word and all!

@ Chitown-jill, oh yeah - and you can even do a little Chi-town stepping to it, too!

@ Iriegal, had to girlfriend! Had to!

@ Torrence, you know you always make an old woman smile! Much obliged. Read it...cracked up...like I said you made GWB seem pretty smart.

@ Believer, anytime...no problem at all.

@ Keith, gotta tell you that that was the first Prince album I ever bought. So what does that tell ya?

@ Regina, I know that's right! Been jamming all day!

@ Mrs G, the pole! LOL!

@ Ms Marva, yeah it sho is one of them songs. LOL!

@ IW, you know you are absolutely right and it shows with all the different Prince posts today.

Much obliged everybody for coming by!

October 11, 2008 at 12:30 AM

You are a good woman! I lost patience with trying to find his songs.
This was one of the songs that came to mind when I was on the search for The Artist.

This is one of my faves by Prince.

October 11, 2008 at 10:48 PM

@ Ms Lady Deborah, now you know I ain't no way surprised that one of your favorite Prince cuts would be "Erotic City"...We think so much alike that its really scarey! I bet we related and just don't know it yet! LOL

October 11, 2008 at 11:04 PM
Locations of visitors to this page
Visit SjP's Trophy Room for a Complete Tour

Best Posts

View blog authority

BlogBurst.com

RSSMicro FeedRank Results Page Rank Check My Zimbio Add to Technorati Favorites
Powered By Blogger

ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45 ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45