Sojourner's Place

old school friday...jazz tribute  

Posted by SjP in ,

Oh Yeah! It's FRIDAY!!! And that means it's time for some old school jamming and having a partay in the blogosphere! This week's theme is Jazz Tribute. And I do love Jazz big time; so this week, I'm bringing you some tunes from two of my favorites: Stanley Turrentine and Chuck Mangione. Relax, put your feet up, and ENJOY!!!

Update: Much obliged Revvy Rev! That's not Chuck Mangione its Bob James! Sorry 'bout that! So the only thing to do is to add Chuck to this Jazz Tribute!







Mrs. Grapevine and Ms. Marvalus are the creators of this bloggie meme. Click here for more info. Want more OSF! Check out these sites:

AJ - Believer 1964 - CC Groovy - Chocl8t - Shawn - Danielle - Danielle Vyas - Dee - DP - Fresh and Fab - Hagar’s DaughtersInvisible Woman - Kim - LaKeisha - LaShonda - Lil Creole Pimp - Lisa C - Marcus - MarvalusOne(OSF Co-Creator) - Mike - Mrs. Grapevine (OSF Co-Creator) LadyDeborah - Quick - Regina - Revvy Rev - Shae-Shae - Sharon - SJP - Thembi - Villager - Vivrant Thang

Obliged to you for hearing me,
and now old SjP ain't got nothin' more to say...


~~~ ~~~ ~~~

Technorati ~ ~ Del.iciou.us ~ ~ Digg This! ~ ~ StumbleUpon ~ ~ Twitter ~ ~ My Good Towels ~ ~ FeedBlitz ~ ~ Email SjP


Sphere: Related Content

This entry was posted at Friday, November 21, 2008 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the .

12 sojourners hollin' back

I love the first song. You can't see a thing, but the sounds make you feel like you are there. :)

Aw man what show was the second one from? Was it Barney Miller? Dang that's going to drive me crazy. LOL

November 21, 2008 at 7:54 AM

Great picks! I have not heard the Taxi theme in ages! I hated the show, but I loved the Theme music and that guy Latka (I may be spelling that wrong)!

November 21, 2008 at 9:11 AM

SjP,

That is not Chuck Mangione. It is Bob James. I love that album. Very Classy Picks from a classy lady! Happy OSF.

November 21, 2008 at 10:22 AM

You go Soror! Evidentially I have a lot to learn about jazz beyond the "big three!" And I'm glad Miss Regina reminded us that it was the Taxi theme song. I was killing myself trying to figure it out.

Happy OSF!

November 21, 2008 at 10:58 AM

Great picks! Especially the second one, which is Bob James's tune entitled "Angela", AKA the theme from the television show "Taxi". Have a great Friday.

November 21, 2008 at 11:07 AM

Lol, I am surprised that you went with Chuck, interesting.

Happy OSF.

November 21, 2008 at 11:58 AM
Anonymous  

Hey Sojourner!

Great choice with Bob James. And I completely forgot he was the one who wrote the Barney Miller theme. Sometimes his sound is a little too 'smooth' for my taste, but he's a great musician.
Happy OSF!

November 21, 2008 at 2:33 PM

great choices!

see, now i want to hear more from them...but alas, my turntable is boxed, without a needle in the arm:(
have to re-purchase these on cd...soon!

November 21, 2008 at 4:26 PM

Hey there!

The pastor set it straight??! *LOL*
Well....who says ministers ONLY listen to "Precious Lord, Take My Hand"?? (smiles)

I looooved Chuck back in the day...when I was a little one in elementary school and my parents played his album...

Thanks for the memories...

(smiles)
Lisa

November 22, 2008 at 1:07 AM

Hey SjP, Bob James would've been a pretty good choice too. Good picks though.

November 22, 2008 at 9:35 AM

Awesome choices! I agree with Shae about the first vid...feels like I was right there (where's my martini?)...

Have a great weekend!

November 22, 2008 at 12:01 PM

Much obliged All for stopping by and grooving a bit with me and my Jazz Tribute.

Yes, the Bob James cut (Angela) is the theme song to Taxi. I use to love that show just for the theme music.

Stanley is one of my all time favorites - love that sax! And Chuck, well he always put a smile on my face when I was down.

November 22, 2008 at 9:05 PM
Locations of visitors to this page
Visit SjP's Trophy Room for a Complete Tour

Best Posts

View blog authority

BlogBurst.com

RSSMicro FeedRank Results Page Rank Check My Zimbio Add to Technorati Favorites
Powered By Blogger

ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45 ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45