Sojourner's Place

old school friday: actors turned singers and visa versa  

Posted by SjP in ,

Oh Yeah! It's FRIDAY!!! And that means it's time for some old school jamming and having a partay in the blogosphere! This week's theme is Actors Turned Singers or Singers Turned Actors. This was a hard one; but I found one good old stand-by. Ms. Ross doing the Lady! Now, I must admit that I'm not much of a Diana Ross fan - but I got to give her props cause she can definitely sing and she acted her butt-off in Lady Sings the Blues. Enjoy!


Mrs. Grapevine and Ms. Marvalus are the creators of this bloggie meme.
Click here for more info and join the fun.

Obliged to you for hearing me,
and now old SjP ain't got nothin' more to say...



~~~ ~~~ ~~~

Technorati ~ ~ Del.iciou.us ~ ~ Digg This! ~ ~ StumbleUpon ~ ~ Twitter ~ ~ My Good Towels ~ ~ FeedBlitz ~ ~ Email SjP


Sphere: Related Content

This entry was posted at Friday, December 05, 2008 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the .

10 sojourners hollin' back

Good choice! I liked her in Mahogany too.

December 5, 2008 at 11:20 AM

That's the one!

December 5, 2008 at 11:24 AM

She still frightens the bejeesus out of me...but she's a hard and talented worker.

December 5, 2008 at 12:04 PM

Boss Ross reigns Supreme today (sorry about the pun).

Happy OSF.

December 5, 2008 at 12:28 PM

I ALMOST went with The Boss today...

Great choice!

December 5, 2008 at 9:46 PM
Anonymous  

Hey Sojourner!

Like you I'm not a huge fan of Ms. Ross, but like you I also agree you gots to give props where they is due. And sis can sang. No doubt about it. You're also dead-on about her portrayal of Billie Holiday. She stepped into that role like a familiar coat and walked away with it.
Great pic, and Happy OSF!

December 5, 2008 at 10:22 PM

I thought more people were going to use her so I left her alone, good choice.

December 6, 2008 at 7:56 AM

Great Choice! She is still out there doing her thing!!

December 6, 2008 at 12:53 PM

Good choice SjP!

This one worked my brain for sure. But I believe that I selected a good choice. Come on by and check out who it is.

December 6, 2008 at 2:59 PM

Great clip. I keep saying that I'll do Old School Friday and keep forgetting.

December 6, 2008 at 6:32 PM
Locations of visitors to this page
Visit SjP's Trophy Room for a Complete Tour

Best Posts

View blog authority

BlogBurst.com

RSSMicro FeedRank Results Page Rank Check My Zimbio Add to Technorati Favorites
Powered By Blogger

ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45 ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45