Sojourner's Place

old school friday...sjp's favorite  

Posted by SjP in ,

Oh Yeah! It's FRIDAY!!! And that means it's time for some old school jamming and having a partay in the blogosphere! Now, I'm loving this week's theme cause I can jam all day long with my very favorite band. I LLLOOOOVVVVEEEE this group! And I really don't care that they have had a new cut out in damn near 20 years - I just don't care. Cause when it comes to Frankie Beverly and Maze, I just cannot get enough. So, y'all have a good time while you're here at SJP's and enjoy some Frankie.





I know I'm only suppose to do two, but can't do Frankie without this finale!




Can you believe that to this day Frankie Beverly and Maze have neither won nor been nominated for any music award. This is what I call a shame!

Mrs. Grapevine and Ms. Marvalus are the creators of this bloggie meme. Click here for more info and join the fun.

Obliged to you for hearing me,
and now old SjP ain't got nothin' more to say...



~~~ ~~~ ~~~


Technorati ~ ~ Del.iciou.us ~ ~ Digg This! ~ ~ StumbleUpon ~ ~ Twitter ~ ~ My Good Towels ~ ~ FeedBlitz ~ ~ Email SjP



Sphere: Related Content

This entry was posted at Friday, December 12, 2008 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the .

11 sojourners hollin' back

You know, I just don't think you're excited enough about your choice. :)

I wonder if they ever got tired of Rob Base remaking their songs? Happy OSF.

December 12, 2008 at 3:43 AM

Frankie B and Maze - that's the biz'ness right there! It's time they are rewarded for all the good sounds they've produced over the years.

Happy OSF.

December 12, 2008 at 6:51 AM

I called it before I got here. Somehow I knew you'd pick Frankie Beverly & Maze! Happy OSF!

December 12, 2008 at 7:13 AM

Giiirl you know!!! it sure does boggle my mind, because on the sheer strength of BEFORE I LET GO - they should have amassed enough awards to go around a football field. Seriously.

LOVE IT! Happy OSF.

December 12, 2008 at 11:29 AM
Anonymous  

Hey Sojourner.

Yeah, I saw Frankie a few months ago here in Detroit, and he was still sounding as good as he did the last time I heard him down in Florida nearly 20 years ago. This brother is definitely a treasure.

Great pick, and Happy OSF!

December 12, 2008 at 12:02 PM

SjP,

This is one of my favorite bands too.

Great Choice! Happy OSF!

December 12, 2008 at 1:44 PM

Mr. Frankie in those white pants and that baseball hat...I was in Chicago at the airport and didn't actually meet him, but got a chance to say hello in passing...nice man!

I was introduced to FB & Maze by my mother...I used to think that she was their biggest fan, but I think she has some competition with you!

Great choice! Happy OSF!

December 12, 2008 at 7:32 PM

Oh no....!
You just don't know how much I dislike FB and Maze.
I used to run a jazz and R&B club. Every band that auditioned and every DJ who tried out HAD to play something by FB&M.
Once a week is fine, maybe even three days a week. But hearing the same songs for hours and days on end by FB&M gets old after a while.
(Maybe I don't dislike them so much as I've had my fill.)

December 13, 2008 at 2:31 AM

Now I was going to pick Frankie Beverly and Maze but went with earth Wind and Fire instead just to find out every one picked them.

Great choice.

December 13, 2008 at 11:39 AM

Much obliged to all for stopping by. Been so busy lately that its been really hard to keep up.

@ Shae, o.k. You got me. Just who is Rob Base? You know I'm old! LOL

@ HG, Got that right! Its just really hard to believe that a mainstay like FBM have never won anything or been nominated.

@ Revvy Rev, LOL... You claimed that "word of knowledge"!

@ Connoisseur, I hear you and that's one of my favorites!

@ Keith, I wouldn't care if they never did another cut - I'd still try to see them no matter what!

@ MLD, somehow I knew that! LOL

@ Ms Marva, I am green with envy!!!

@ UBJ, c'mon now! I mean that's like Villager not being a Stevie fan!

@ Clnmike, can't ever go wrong with EWF either!

December 13, 2008 at 11:38 PM

Frankie ain't aged a bit since they made their first album. They are still killing it. Before I Let Go is the black folx anthem. I think it should be played at the inauguration. Ha!

December 14, 2008 at 3:49 PM
Locations of visitors to this page
Visit SjP's Trophy Room for a Complete Tour

Best Posts

View blog authority

BlogBurst.com

RSSMicro FeedRank Results Page Rank Check My Zimbio Add to Technorati Favorites
Powered By Blogger

ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45 ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45