Sojourner's Place

some things on my mind #4...  

Posted by SjP in ,

Got some things, that I just feel like sharing, rambling, or ranting about. So here goes:

1. I know its been a minute since you've seen anything other than a meme-type post here at SjP's. But life on "my side of the plantation" has simply been making it really difficult to keep up. But even though I've been a tad bit out of sight - not responding to your comments or leaving comments - I'm still here and still swoop by most of my favorite spots on a daily basis. Much obliged for your patience and understanding. I'll be "back in stride again" soon!

2. Speaking of "my side of the plantation", would somebody - anybody - tell me just why the massa and his overseers just can't ever seem to tell the damn truth! Folks are going to get laid off - that's the truth! The lay-off list has already been compiled - and that's the truth! The list was compiled to get rid of some dead weight, whistle blowers, truth sayers, and to make room for more ass kissers - and that's the truth! And some on the list will receive a holiday greeting with a post script saying that their services are no longer needed - and that's the truth! So why in the hell are the massas and overseers continuing to lie. I guess Kunte was right "they still toubob"!

3. If I read one more article, one more blog post, or one more email about what Michelle Obama plans to wear to the inauguration I am simply going to SCREAM!!! I mean this is simply ridiculous! C'mon now, isn't there anything more important to be concerned about relative to Michelle other than who is going to design her damn dress! Oh, yeah, I guess there is because there are just as many articles, blog posts, and emails circulating about how she has just thrown the feminist movement under the bus for planning to continue to put her children and marriage first while in the White House and forgo her career; or how she needs to get paid for being First Lady; or how she'll have to turn her "blackness" off while being First Lady. PLEASE! GIVE ME A BREAK!

4. When the shoe fits, throw it! Remember when he lied and said that the Iraqis would greet us as liberators with the overthrow of Saddam? Well it seems that Bush was greeted with not one but two shoes aimed to hit his ass right upside the head during a surprise visit to Iraq. Showing the sole of one's shoe or even throwing a shoe, in the Arab world, is a special tool to insult or affront. As the local television reporter threw the shoe at Bush he yelled: "This is a farewell kiss, dog!" and "This is the end!" I don't know about you, but I think that's a gesture that puts a bird flip to shame and is far more effective!

Did you notice how long it took the Secret Service to come to the rescue to protect the leader of the Free World? I ain't saying...but, I'm saying...

5. So Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich was arrested last week for trying to sell the U.S. Senate seat which belonged to President-Elect Barack Obama. Now, I ain't saying this is not a crime or that he shouldn't have done it, but... I was born in Illinoisan and lived in that state up to about a decade ago, so I'm well aware of the "colorful political" history of the state that is certainly not devoid of corruption. From money found in shoe boxes to immediate past governor - incarcerated for illegal sale of government licenses, contracts and leases by state employees - now requesting a pardon from Dubya, Illinois can no doubt write the book on corruption. But, c'mon now, politicians have been buying and selling favors since the beginning of time - but generally they are called presidents, governors, senators, representatives, and lobbyists. PLEASE!

6. And no Governor Blagojevich did not have prayer from at least 3 Illinois ministers? And two of them are African American. But, have no fear Jeremiah wasn't invited.

7. And speaking of Illinois, all I can really say is "Po' JJJ". Seems like his vie for Barack's vacated is all but over. Unless he's able to win the special election that is sure to come its pretty clear that JJJ will continue to represent the district in which I grew up in the House. I don't know - but, do you think that this was all in the "master plan"? Just something that makes you go "hmmm".

8. Damn it! I forgot to change my fantasy football team roster and the games have already started! Yeah, I'm in the play-off. Finished second in the regular season. But, now it looks like I'm about to be finished after today...oh well!

9. Last Sunday I had the pleasure of delivering a keynote address at an event that recognized African American students for their academic achievements. This was a great honor and one which I accepted quite humbly. But can anyone tell me why I was asked to include in my speech (2 days before I was to deliver it) the importance of family involvement and the dismal statistics about the rate at which African American high school aged students drop out and land in justice system. Look! Maybe its just me. But, I've been delivering keynote-type addresses for more years than I can count and truly did not appreciate being "told" what to say. And second, and much more important, why in the hell would I remind my audience of those things they already know. So, instead - I did what I always do - and that was to deliver a message from my heart that was hopefully uplifting, humorous, congratulatory, and inspiring. I guess it was o.k. cause when I was finished everybody rose to there feet clapping!

10. Damn it! That's his name! Barack Hussein Obama! Get over it!

11. Only 11 days before Christmas and I don't even have the decorations up yet! What does that tell you?

Obliged to you for hearing me,
and now old SjP ain't got nothin' more to say...

~~~ ~~~ ~~~

Technorati ~ ~ Del.iciou.us ~ ~ Digg This! ~ ~ StumbleUpon ~ ~ Twitter ~ ~ My Good Towels ~ ~ FeedBlitz ~ ~ Email SjP


Sphere: Related Content

This entry was posted at Sunday, December 14, 2008 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the .

9 sojourners hollin' back

1. I hope things get better for you, your blog is one of my favorites, take your time and get it right.

2. Yeah, I swear some companies are using this econmy slip up as an excuse to roll heads. Some sectors shopuld even be effect by the state of the country but there still droping people.

3. Some people are just naturally miserable, the woman was a great role moedel before the election and no on said a word about her, now she wants to take care of her kids and husband and she is a villian?

She is the First Lady!!

You think she is supposed to do a 9 to 5 while in office?

To prove a point?

Let me get married and my wife becomes POTUS, they dont have to ask me jack, I am throwing on an apron, making out a shopping list and taking the kids to school so I can get back in time to clean the house.

4. I

can

not

stop

playing

this

video.

It's the perfect way to end his administration.

5. There is nothing new about what he did, what annoys me is the sheer arrogance of his comments, he deserves something special for being so bold.

6. Sheeeee.... I wish he did use Jeremiah I would still be laughing.

7. Some people have to accept their postion in life.

8. Thats why I stopped playing that a little too much work for me.

9. Lol, congrats to sticking to your guns.

10. Amen!!! Like he is all of a sudden going to grow a beard and Michelle is going to the white house in a Burka

11. That your a busy woman, rock on.

December 14, 2008 at 5:05 PM

@ Clnmike, much obliged for the understanding and patience.

3. Somehow I just can't picture you in an apron, but I think you'd be a very cool first dude (no moths allowed though). LOL

4. And I can't stop laughing!

8. Can't believe I won! Still in it!

11. Will do!

December 14, 2008 at 6:43 PM

#11 I only have to get one gift, but...I think I will subcontract out the shopping. I just ain't there yet!

December 14, 2008 at 8:29 PM

tell em why you madd. good words as always

December 14, 2008 at 9:46 PM

Awesome post. The only thing you're doing is speaking the truth! Can't ask for more than that

December 15, 2008 at 8:42 AM

I love,love,love this blog. I am so glad I came across this. I speak about the same things and I am glad to see others whose eyes are wide open instead of wide shut. I am adding you to my blog list because I love it so much.

December 15, 2008 at 6:59 PM

My inner chior is saying Amen! to this post.

1. I have been working like two darkies in the field over the past few weeks.

2. I cannot post my comments about massa's inability to tell the truth. It would take up a lot of time and a I am on the way to bed.

3. Whatever Michelle wears she will be representing the best of the Southside of Chi-Town! But everybody knows that I am not into that aspect of life that tough. So I've been spared the anticipation and sneak previews.

4. Michelle gets nothing but love from me on how she is approaching her portion of the transition.
It is my understanding that the wee Michelle's are going to have chores to perform at 1600. Which I think is great. There will be life after the WH and they need to be able to handle their responsibilities.

The feminist movement has played out with me a long time back. There are some goals that I am cool with and have supported. But Michelle already knows that this is a life-change and a challenging one for sure. Who said that she had to go straight to work this year? For those of us who have raised families-it is a full time job.

Miss Anne is always whinning about something!

4. I am still laughing at that incident. I just wish the reporter had consulted a sistah first. We could of schooled him on how to tap that a** with the shoe in traditional black mama style. You know how that goes. Pop..I told you..pop,pop..I am tired of your mess..pop, pop,pop!
But that made my day. It was funny and W looked like the Matrix on the first toss.

By the way..Where was the Secret Service? They were rather slow to respond. Perhaps they had to re-group and stifle their laughter.

If either shoe had popped him upside hi head, I would need emergency medical care due to total hysteria.

5. This is definitely Illinois politics as I remember the practice. I am not surprised nor was I shocked. It sounded like the usual business dealings by the usual suspects.

6. You know he needs some Jesus right along now. It is not looking good for his story.

7. JJJ could use some Jesus in his portion of this story too. It looks like a wrap from where I sit.

8. I didn't even play this year. I wasn't feeling it this time around.

9. Maybe the person who suggested this has just learned these facts. It is not news us or the rest of the nation. Repeating them over and over does what? I dunno. Hopefully we will start to see a turn towards the end of this decade.

10. Exactly!

11. I am right on the page with you. Believe that! See we are like spiritual twins.

This was fun!

December 15, 2008 at 10:19 PM

Hi Sis, Lawd you packed a whallop in one post huh..(smile)...LOVED IT!

Congrats on giving the keynote address.I agree with you, why you going to tell me what to say. I am NOT blogging about Michelle and her dress, cause Iriegal don't give a damn.

I wish someone had thrown that show when the WAR began and connected to know some sense into that man..

You keep doing you sistah SJP, life is not taking our time and doing the damn thing and I think you and I just do that fine..

ONELOVE!

December 15, 2008 at 11:24 PM

About Michelle Obama's inaugural dress . . . I got sick of it too. But WWD, to be fair, has released sketches for the President-Elec with various designers. It's all over the web today and GMA featured the designs also.

The way I see it: Anything lightness to get our minds off the state of this country's affairs.

December 16, 2008 at 5:22 PM
Locations of visitors to this page
Visit SjP's Trophy Room for a Complete Tour

Best Posts

View blog authority

BlogBurst.com

RSSMicro FeedRank Results Page Rank Check My Zimbio Add to Technorati Favorites
Powered By Blogger

ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45 ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45