1. I know its been a minute since you've seen anything other than a meme-type post here at SjP's. But life on "my side of the plantation" has simply been making it really difficult to keep up. But even though I've been a tad bit out of sight - not responding to your comments or leaving comments - I'm still here and still swoop by most of my favorite spots on a daily basis. Much obliged for your patience and understanding. I'll be "back in stride again" soon!
2. Speaking of "my side of the plantation", would somebody - anybody - tell me just why the massa and his overseers just can't ever seem to tell the damn truth! Folks are going to get laid off - that's the truth! The lay-off list has already been compiled - and that's the truth! The list was compiled to get rid of some dead weight, whistle blowers, truth sayers, and to make room for more ass kissers - and that's the truth! And some on the list will receive a holiday greeting with a post script saying that their services are no longer needed - and that's the truth! So why in the hell are the massas and overseers continuing to lie. I guess Kunte was right "they still toubob"!
3. If I read one more article, one more blog post, or one more email about what Michelle Obama plans to wear to the inauguration I am simply going to SCREAM!!! I mean this is simply ridiculous! C'mon now, isn't there anything more important to be concerned about relative to Michelle other than who is going to design her damn dress! Oh, yeah, I guess there is because there are just as many articles, blog posts, and emails circulating about how she has just thrown the feminist movement under the bus for planning to continue to put her children and marriage first while in the White House and forgo her career; or how she needs to get paid for being First Lady; or how she'll have to turn her "blackness" off while being First Lady. PLEASE! GIVE ME A BREAK!
4. When the shoe fits, throw it! Remember when he lied and said that the Iraqis would greet us as liberators with the overthrow of Saddam? Well it seems that Bush was greeted with not one but two shoes aimed to hit his ass right upside the head during a surprise visit to Iraq. Showing the sole of one's shoe or even throwing a shoe, in the Arab world, is a special tool to insult or affront. As the local television reporter threw the shoe at Bush he yelled: "This is a farewell kiss, dog!" and "This is the end!" I don't know about you, but I think that's a gesture that puts a bird flip to shame and is far more effective!
Did you notice how long it took the Secret Service to come to the rescue to protect the leader of the Free World? I ain't saying...but, I'm saying...
5. So Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich was arrested last week for trying to sell the U.S. Senate seat which belonged to President-Elect Barack Obama. Now, I ain't saying this is not a crime or that he shouldn't have done it, but... I was born in Illinoisan and lived in that state up to about a decade ago, so I'm well aware of the "colorful political" history of the state that is certainly not devoid of corruption. From money found in shoe boxes to immediate past governor - incarcerated for illegal sale of government licenses, contracts and leases by state employees - now requesting a pardon from Dubya, Illinois can no doubt write the book on corruption. But, c'mon now, politicians have been buying and selling favors since the beginning of time - but generally they are called presidents, governors, senators, representatives, and lobbyists. PLEASE!
6. And no Governor Blagojevich did not have prayer from at least 3 Illinois ministers? And two of them are African American. But, have no fear Jeremiah wasn't invited.
7. And speaking of Illinois, all I can really say is "Po' JJJ". Seems like his vie for Barack's vacated is all but over. Unless he's able to win the special election that is sure to come its pretty clear that JJJ will continue to represent the district in which I grew up in the House. I don't know - but, do you think that this was all in the "master plan"? Just something that makes you go "hmmm".
8. Damn it! I forgot to change my fantasy football team roster and the games have already started! Yeah, I'm in the play-off. Finished second in the regular season. But, now it looks like I'm about to be finished after today...oh well!
9. Last Sunday I had the pleasure of delivering a keynote address at an event that recognized African American students for their academic achievements. This was a great honor and one which I accepted quite humbly. But can anyone tell me why I was asked to include in my speech (2 days before I was to deliver it) the importance of family involvement and the dismal statistics about the rate at which African American high school aged students drop out and land in justice system. Look! Maybe its just me. But, I've been delivering keynote-type addresses for more years than I can count and truly did not appreciate being "told" what to say. And second, and much more important, why in the hell would I remind my audience of those things they already know. So, instead - I did what I always do - and that was to deliver a message from my heart that was hopefully uplifting, humorous, congratulatory, and inspiring. I guess it was o.k. cause when I was finished everybody rose to there feet clapping!
10. Damn it! That's his name! Barack Hussein Obama! Get over it!
11. Only 11 days before Christmas and I don't even have the decorations up yet! What does that tell you?
Obliged to you for hearing me,
and now old SjP ain't got nothin' more to say...
~~~ ~~~ ~~~