Sojourner's Place

old school friday...original vs remake  

Posted by SjP in ,

Oh Yeah! It's FRIDAY!!! And that means it's time for some old school jamming and par-taying in the blogosphere! This week's theme is "Original vs Remake". I owe this week's selections to my Mother who has been asking me for years if I've heard the remake of this Isley Brother's classic. Well, now I can say that I have. And, for me the jury is still out which is the best - cause both artists "sang this song"!

Here's the original: "For the Love of You" by the Isley Brothers.

And now for the remake by Whitney Houston.

You be the judge: Ronald or Whitney?

Mrs. Grapevine and Ms. Marvalus are the creators of this bloggie meme. Click here for more info and join the fun.

Check out the rest of the "old schoolers":

Sphere: Related Content

This entry was posted at Friday, January 30, 2009 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the .

16 sojourners hollin' back

I have to go with the Isley's on this particular song. Especially since they were the background music in my story at that time.

Whitney does a nice job. But she wasn't really there with me in the moment!

Great Choices!

January 30, 2009 at 12:20 AM

My vote is the Isleys hands down. Whitney did not do a bad job, this song belongs to the Isleys.

Happy OSF!

January 30, 2009 at 3:41 AM

I love Whitney, but nobody does it like those Isley guys! Happy OSF!

January 30, 2009 at 9:51 AM
Anonymous  

Hey Sojourner, and Happy OSF!

I'm not always one to go with the majority, but there's no question the Isleys own this one. Facts is facts. Brings back great memories too!

January 30, 2009 at 10:02 AM

Ms. Deborah says it perfectly, the Isleys were the Background Music to my story. I like Whitney's intro, but it does not have the umpf that the original has.

January 30, 2009 at 10:42 AM

Yes, both are good. But I'm biased. I used to play guitar and learned how to play Jimi Hendrix by first playing the leade guitarist for the Isleys, who was one of the first black guys to start playing like Hendrix. He's great and so were all the Isleys.

January 30, 2009 at 11:54 AM

JUST played the Whitney version the other day! Love the picks. :)

January 30, 2009 at 1:33 PM

Whitney did this song some justice, but she did not sing it better than the Isleys. They put their foot in that song. :-)

January 30, 2009 at 2:31 PM

Isley Brothers all the way.

January 30, 2009 at 3:01 PM

I love(d) Whitney...but she can't beat Uncle Ron...

January 30, 2009 at 7:31 PM

The result seem to be in. The Isley's hands down! Just goes to show you that the original is often always the best.

January 31, 2009 at 10:09 AM
Anonymous  

Isley's totally for this song.

January 31, 2009 at 2:34 PM

SJP..I don't care WHO does it! The Isleys are the ones that make my TOES CURL..lol

you are right! The Isleys have it

February 1, 2009 at 1:15 AM
Anonymous  

Isley Brothers own this one. Hands down. Nice choice!

February 1, 2009 at 3:26 AM

Judging by the vast majority, my vote is not even needed but just for the record I totally agree with iriegal it don't matter WHO does it NO ONE can get the reaction the Isley's get!

February 2, 2009 at 3:05 PM
Anonymous  

Isley's version for me as well. Don't know how I missed this, better late than never...

February 3, 2009 at 10:47 PM
Locations of visitors to this page
Visit SjP's Trophy Room for a Complete Tour

Best Posts

View blog authority

BlogBurst.com

RSSMicro FeedRank Results Page Rank Check My Zimbio Add to Technorati Favorites
Powered By Blogger

ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45 ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45