Sojourner's Place

old school friday...new edition all grown up  

Posted by SjP in ,

Oh Yeah! It's FRIDAY!!! And that means it's time for some old school jamming and par-taying in the blogosphere! This week's theme is "Songs by New Edition or New Edition Members". Thought I was going to have to make-up some lame-a$$ excuse for not participating this week, cause New Edition was not a group that I related to...a tad bit too young for this old lady. And then I remembered JOHNNIE GILL! Well, he's a little young - but even somebody as old me can relate to "My! My! My!"


Johnny Gill - My My My
Uploaded by klmbaby

And just because its Friday, I bringing for your listening pleasure Gill, Levert, and Sweat! Enjoy! Enjoy! Enjoy!

Mrs. Grapevine and Ms. Marvalus are the creators of this bloggie meme. Click here for more info and join the fun.

Check out the rest of the "old schoolers":

Sphere: Related Content

This entry was posted at Friday, February 06, 2009 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the .

15 sojourners hollin' back

This comment has been removed by the author.
February 6, 2009 at 12:54 AM

Yes, any woman worth her sexiness can relate to "My My My."

Mine is up, but it's my final OSF.

I'll be around!

February 6, 2009 at 12:55 AM

Johnny Gill knows he has a voice that could make a woman want to do somethings!!
I loved LSG!

February 6, 2009 at 1:54 AM

My, My, My was definitely the jam back then. :-)

Aww I miss the sounds of LSG.

February 6, 2009 at 6:31 AM
Anonymous  

I'm glad you found a song, and you're able to participate. I know I'm telling my age, but I am and was such as huge New Edition fan. When this song came out, I was in love with Johnny Gill. Over time, however he started "hanging" out with Eddie Murphy.

My My My, is a set-it-off song...

February 6, 2009 at 11:49 AM

You and I were on the same wavelength with this one. :-)

I thought about posting an LSG tune.

February 6, 2009 at 1:14 PM

u over here jamming

February 6, 2009 at 2:00 PM

I was hoping someone would bring LSG to the surface! I'm on the verge of getting slapped if I dwell on Gerald Levert any longer lol...

February 6, 2009 at 2:08 PM

I can relate to this...HAVE MERCY!..

wow, to be young again!

February 6, 2009 at 3:46 PM

Johhny was the man.

Happy OSF.

February 6, 2009 at 3:51 PM

To think that LSG can be no more because Gerald is not here with us... :(

I don't know what more I can say about Johnny at this point...LOL

February 6, 2009 at 5:40 PM

"My, My, My" is absolutely timeless. I don't care what year it is.

February 6, 2009 at 6:06 PM

SJP,
I'm just dropping by for the friday jam.

hey regina his voice may make a woman want to do some things but he only has eyes for eddie. lol

February 7, 2009 at 2:41 PM

Much obliged to everyone stopping by to "jam" with me this past OSF.

I'd forgotten about Johnnie's and Eddie's "close" friendship. All I can say is my! my! my! lol

February 9, 2009 at 10:39 PM

I know I'm late, but I still have to do my rounds!

Love Johnny, regardless of who he's rubbing the right way...

February 10, 2009 at 11:00 PM
Locations of visitors to this page
Visit SjP's Trophy Room for a Complete Tour

Best Posts

View blog authority

BlogBurst.com

RSSMicro FeedRank Results Page Rank Check My Zimbio Add to Technorati Favorites
Powered By Blogger

ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45 ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45