Sojourner's Place

old school friday...all about "baby"  

Posted by SjP in

Oh Yeah! It's FRIDAY!!! And that means it's time for some old school jamming and par-taying in the blogosphere! This week's theme is "Songs with Baby in the Title". Think I'll take ya'll back - way back - as I usually do over here at Sojourner's Place.

There are definitely some really soulful jams out there with "Baby" in the name. I'm sure that today will be quite a lot of fun as you surf around other OSFers to get your jam on right before the week-end. So, ya'll have fun and I'm real glad you stopped by here to hear a little Mary Wells and Smokey Robinson and the Miracles.


Bye-Bye Baby


Baby Baby Don't Cry

Mrs. Grapevine and Ms. Marvalus are the creators of this bloggie meme. Click here for more info and join the fun.

Check out the rest of the "old schoolers":
AJ - BklynQueen’86 - Bria - CC Groovy - Chocl8t - Cooper - Shawn - Danielle Vyas - Dee - DP - Fresh and Fab - Hagar’s DaughtersInvisible Woman - John - Keith -Kevin - Kim - LaKeisha - LaShonda - Lil Creole Pimp - Lisa C - Mahogany - Malcolm - Marcus - MarvalusOne - Mike - Mrs. Grapevine - MsLadyDeborah - Pjazzypar - Pop Art Diva - Quick - Regina - Revvy Rev - Shae-Shae - Sharon - Staci - Tha Connoisseur - Thembi -Villager - Vivrant Thang - Zenobia

Obliged to you for hearing me,
and now old SjP ain't got nothin' more to say...
~~~ ~~~ ~~~
Black News Junkie ~ ~ Technorati ~ ~ Del.iciou.us ~ ~ Digg This! ~ ~ StumbleUpon ~ ~ Twitter ~ ~ My Good Towels ~ ~ FeedBlitz ~ ~ Email SjP

Sphere: Related Content

This entry was posted at Friday, March 20, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the .

13 sojourners hollin' back

Classics for sure. Smokey, so prolific, and Mary Wells could blow and is missed. And you took me back, waaaay back. I enjoyed Smokey and The Miracles the most for some reason tonight. Thank you for the memories. Happy OSF.

March 20, 2009 at 3:35 AM

Happy OSF. I enjoyed the classic Motown sound.

March 20, 2009 at 4:45 AM

Alright SjP!

You had me dancing around while preparing my lunch and listening to Mary Wells. That is truly a Motown Classic!

And what can I say about Smokey and The Miracles. Those brothers conjured up the stuff that makes a person have a love jones!

I have gone way back myself this week. Stop on by and see your sistah's posts.

Happy OSF to you!

March 20, 2009 at 6:47 AM

We go a long way back for real. You know I'm feelin' these! Outstanding! Happy OSF.

March 20, 2009 at 9:38 AM
Anonymous  

Nice! I was in a Smokey mood, too: Picked "Ooh Baby Baby." Happy OSF everyone!

March 20, 2009 at 10:33 AM

Hi Sojourner, Excellent choices! I went Motown too :-) Come by and check me out.

March 20, 2009 at 11:46 AM

Smokey is popular today!
Great picks! Gotta hand it to Motown, no one did it up like they did!

March 20, 2009 at 12:38 PM
Anonymous  

I missed something, where are the songs. Is it just me? I don't see any video, and the links took me to fan pages....I can guess what songs you picked, but I like listening....

March 20, 2009 at 1:01 PM
Anonymous  

Nevermind, I forgot to press continue, I'm so use to them being on the front page.

March 20, 2009 at 1:02 PM
Anonymous  

Hey Sojourner!

Enjoyed both of these for sure. And I had forgotten about Mary Wells! That sister knew she could bring it.

Happy OSF!

March 20, 2009 at 6:50 PM

Much obliged to all for stopping by. I enjoyed this week being able to go way back with some real old school jams from way back in the day!

March 21, 2009 at 1:52 AM

There Goes My Baby is perfect for this theme. :)

March 21, 2009 at 1:37 PM

Smokey knows he's as smooth as silk...

Happy OSF!

March 21, 2009 at 4:39 PM
Locations of visitors to this page
Visit SjP's Trophy Room for a Complete Tour

Best Posts

View blog authority

BlogBurst.com

RSSMicro FeedRank Results Page Rank Check My Zimbio Add to Technorati Favorites
Powered By Blogger

ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45 ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45