Sojourner's Place

old school friday...bloggers' choice  

Posted by SjP in

Oh Yeah! It's FRIDAY!!! And that means it's time for some old school jamming and par-taying in the blogosphere! This week's theme is "Blogger's Choice". Now this is going to be big fun checking out the picks this week.

Most of you know that my favorite group is Frankie Beverly amd Maze and I'm quite partial to Chaka Khan. But, it would be way too easy and predictable for me to post either one of them.

So, I'm hoping ya'll really enjoy my choices this week with a little bit of an old SjP surprise.




Yes! I do love me some Doobie Brothers and Michael McDonald. Hope ya'll enjoyed my picks this week!

Mrs Grapevine and Ms. Marvalus are the creators of this bloggie meme. Click here for more info and join the fun.

Check out the rest of the "old schoolers":
AJ - BklynQueen’86 - Bria - CC Groovy - Chocl8t - Cooper - Shawn - Danielle Vyas - Dee - DP - Fresh and Fab - Hagar’s DaughtersInvisible Woman - John - Keith -Kevin - Kim - LaKeisha - LaShonda - Lil Creole Pimp - Lisa C - Mahogany - Malcolm - Marcus - MarvalusOne - Mike - Mrs Grapevine - MsLadyDeborah - Pjazzypar - Pop Art Diva - Quick - Regina - Revvy Rev - Shae-Shae - Sharon - Staci - Tha Connoisseur - Thembi -Villager - Vivrant Thang - Zenobia

Obliged to you for hearing me,
and now old SjP ain't got nothin' more to say...
~~~ ~~~ ~~~
Black News Junkie ~ ~ Technorati ~ ~ Del.iciou.us ~ ~ Digg This! ~ ~ StumbleUpon ~ ~ Twitter ~ ~ My Good Towels ~ ~ FeedBlitz ~ ~ Email SjP

Sphere: Related Content

This entry was posted at Friday, April 17, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the .

9 sojourners hollin' back

I am a Michael McDonald fan and a Doobie Bros. fan. Thank you for these choices because they are two of my favorite. Happy OSF.

V.P.
NOLA Lit ExaminerWSATA Old School Friday

April 17, 2009 at 2:17 AM

Great choiced SJP! Happy OSF.

April 17, 2009 at 9:59 AM

I along with Verite am also a longtime Michael McDonald fan. It was great to revisit his exceptional talent and spiritual kinship through music. Happy OSF!

April 17, 2009 at 10:10 AM

Hey Sojourner!

You picked a good one here for real. I've been a fan of the Doobie Brothers for years, and Michael McDonald is one of the most unique vocal stylists to ever come out of the pop/rock genre.

Thanks for this!

April 17, 2009 at 4:27 PM
Anonymous  

It's funny, I always giggle at the mention of Michael McDonald now because of The 40 Year Old Virgin...lol

His voice is a trip and no one could get mad at the man when he did his Motown cover album. That was nuts. I have always been a fan, great choices!

April 17, 2009 at 7:30 PM
Anonymous  

Thanks for going in a different direction. "Takin it to the Streets" is one of my all-time favorite songs.

Happy OSF (what's left of it!) and have a great weekend!

April 17, 2009 at 8:56 PM

This is fantastic! I've always liked Michael McDonald and that gravely, deep, from the bottom voice of his...

Happy OSF!

April 18, 2009 at 12:24 AM

Micheal McDonald was a white man with soul!! Great picks, Haven't heard the Doobie brothers in ages! I still remember that episode of "What's Happening" they were on. Classic!

April 18, 2009 at 8:59 PM

A refreshing change. Nice choice. :)

April 19, 2009 at 9:31 PM
Locations of visitors to this page
Visit SjP's Trophy Room for a Complete Tour

Best Posts

View blog authority

BlogBurst.com

RSSMicro FeedRank Results Page Rank Check My Zimbio Add to Technorati Favorites
Powered By Blogger

ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45 ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45