Sojourner's Place

old school fridays...if i were a boy  

Posted by SjP in

Oh Yeah! It's FRIDAY!!! And that means it's time for some old school jamming and par-taying in the blogosphere! This week's theme is "If I Were a Boy". Mrs Grapevine and Ms Marva, ya'll really came up with a hard one this week and it will be very interesting to "hear" the interpretations.

Okay, now if old SjP was a boy, it certainly would have been a whirlwind experience to have had the talent to play football at the professional level playing on the 1985 Chicago Bears World Championship team. But to be really honest, if I were a boy I probably would not have the same appreciation for Willie Gault's moves in this video. Love to watch that boy whirl!

Super Bowl Shuffle

Ladies, just how many times have you wished that your man would sing a song to you that just made you that just makes your heart jump - your knees quiver - and, well you know what I'm talking about. Well, if I was a boy, then I'd sing this next cut to my woman just like Kyle sang it to Max. Ya'll know the song I'm talking about. Funny Valentine from Living Single. Get your fans, ladies...and gentlemen...take notes!

Mrs Grapevine and Ms. Marvalus are the creators of this bloggie meme. Click here for more info and join the fun.

Check out the rest of the "old schoolers":AJ - BklynQueen’86 - Bria - CC Groovy - Chocl8t - Cooper - Shawn - Danielle Vyas - Dee - DP - Fresh and Fab - Hagar’s DaughtersInvisible Woman - John - Keith -Kevin - Kim - LaKeisha - LaShonda - Lil Creole Pimp - Lisa C - Mahogany - Malcolm - Marcus - MarvalusOne - Mike - Mrs Grapevine - MsLadyDeborah - Pjazzypar - Pop Art Diva - Quick - Regina - Revvy Rev - Shae-Shae - Sharon - Staci - Tha Connoisseur - Thembi -Villager - Vivrant Thang - Zenobia

Obliged to you for hearing me,
and now old SjP ain't got nothin' more to say...
~~~ ~~~ ~~~
Black News Junkie ~ ~ Technorati ~ ~ Del.iciou.us ~ ~ Digg This! ~ ~ StumbleUpon ~ ~ Twitter ~ ~ My Good Towels ~ ~ FeedBlitz ~ ~ Email SjP

Sphere: Related Content

This entry was posted at Friday, April 03, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the .

9 sojourners hollin' back

Alrighty!

These are two good choices SjP!

Sweetness and company! That was the team back in the day!

And who couldn't love the antics of our version of "Friends"? I enjoyed Living Single when it was on the air. Was he sanging or what?

Happy OSF to ya twin!
Enjoy your weekend!

April 3, 2009 at 6:17 AM

Good morning SjP,

I just talked with my brother last night and the subject was the Chicago Bears.

I've heard My Funny Valentine many times (most notably by Nat King Cole). I hadn't heard it by this artist but he's got pipes; great song!

U

April 3, 2009 at 8:30 AM

Interesting spin on the theme. The Bears were cool but I have a very strong dislike for "Kyle Barker"!!!!

April 3, 2009 at 9:41 AM

Wow, the Super Bowl Shuffle! Gotta say that's an interesting twist on the theme. Does anybody remember the Patriots lame rebuttal song that year? New England - the Patriots and We. Well here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INBayZpjeSY

Happy Old School Friday!

April 3, 2009 at 2:30 PM

That voice can "boil a potato" - his voice is smoking hot. I enjoyed "The Superbowl Shuffle" too. Happy OSF.

April 3, 2009 at 5:05 PM

Hey Sojourner!

I go a kick out of the Super Bowl Shuffle for sure. I'd forgotten all about that!

But my brother singing Funny Valentine..?? Man, I had no idea, I mean NONE, that he had pipes like that. He tore that song UP. And I've alwsays loved that song, too. One of the most perfect love songs ever written in my book.

Thanks and Happy OSF!

April 3, 2009 at 6:01 PM

"I'm momma boy Otis, one of a kind...the ladies all love me for my body and my mind..."

You got that right...LOL

Good job, SjP...I'm going back to watch the Superbowl Shuffle...right around the Otis part...tee hee hee...

April 3, 2009 at 10:53 PM

Great clip from Living Single. The end cracks me up, but, lawd! if a man sang like that to me, send in the mops because I'd be a puddle on the floor.

#83. Yeah!

Happy OSF!

April 4, 2009 at 12:03 AM

@ML D,

Will never forget DA Bears of 85! Had the pleasure of meeting the Frig a while back at an airport in your state. Kept wondering why he didn't use some of his money to get some teeth... And Kyle Barker!!!! GURLLLL what can I say!

@ U,

Small world. Bet you were talking about Cutler :>).

Now you know you just have to catch the reruns of Living Single. It was a great show.

@ Regina,

Now how could you have such a strong dislike for Kyle? Sure he had his short-comings - but don't hold being a pompus a$$ against him! LOL

@ DP,

Hadn't seen the NE video...or maybe I just forgot about it. All I can do is SMDH!

@ HG,

And I think my potato is boiled!

@ Keith,

I kinda figured you'd enjoy that shuffle being from that great football city on the other side of the lake. :>). And yes, the brother got PIPES!

@ Marva,

Otis! Certainly can't complain about him - but I'm still whirling with Willie!

@ VP,

I hear you girlfriend! I hear you!

April 5, 2009 at 3:46 PM
Locations of visitors to this page
Visit SjP's Trophy Room for a Complete Tour

Best Posts

View blog authority

BlogBurst.com

RSSMicro FeedRank Results Page Rank Check My Zimbio Add to Technorati Favorites
Powered By Blogger

ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45 ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45