Sojourner's Place

sunday inspirations...freeing my mind  

Posted by SjP in

God is not through with me, yet. Yes, we're still talking - and I must admit that I'm doing a whole lot more listening and a lot less arguing. It's amazing just how quickly the fog clears when you let go and let God. So, needless to say, I'm feeling better - and its not as hard to keep my mouth shut as I thought - especially when you have the Gatekeeper Psalm as a screensaver (lol).

In addition to working on the mouth, we're dealing with the mind. Ya'll know that devil tries to get you any way he can; and if he can control your mind and your thoughts then he will be successful in controling your life. So, my lesson for this week is, as taught by Bishop T.D. Jakes is to Free My Mind.


Psalm 118: 17-29

I shall not die, but live, and declare the works of the LORD. The LORD hath chastened me sore: but he hath not given me over unto death. Open to me the gates of righteousness: I will go into them, and I will praise the LORD: This gate of the LORD, into which the righteous shall enter. I will praise thee: for thou hast heard me, and art become my salvation. The stone which the builders refused is become the head stone of the corner. This is the LORD's doing; it is marvellous in our eyes. This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it. Save now, I beseech thee, O LORD: O LORD, I beseech thee, send now prosperity. Blessed be he that cometh in the name of the LORD: we have blessed you out of the house of the LORD. God is the LORD, which hath shewed us light: bind the sacrifice with cords, even unto the horns of the altar. Thou art my God, and I will praise thee: thou art my God, I will exalt thee. O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.


Obliged to you for hearing me,
and now old SjP ain't got nothin' more to say...
~~~ ~~~ ~~~
Black News Junkie ~ ~ Technorati ~ ~ Del.iciou.us ~ ~ Digg This! ~ ~ StumbleUpon ~ ~ Twitter ~ ~ My Good Towels ~ ~ FeedBlitz ~ ~ Email SjP




Sphere: Related Content

This entry was posted at Sunday, April 05, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the .

4 sojourners hollin' back

Free your mind ... and your a$$ will follow. Your Sunday Inspiration is on target. I constantly need to work to keep a positive and proactive mindset. Times are hard and it would be easy to sink into depression and inactivity. That is not acceptable ... so as Bro. Jakes says ... time to free my mind!

Thanx for sharing the video and scripture with us this morning.

peace, Villager

April 5, 2009 at 8:44 AM

I am inspired by you and a couple other bloggers every Sunday. I guess it's my way of Cyber Church!

Thank you for always being a haven of truth, even though sometimes we don't always like the way it looks.

April 5, 2009 at 11:10 AM

that "free your mind" video was quite something! at one point he was saying something like "if you truly understood what this was about you would be shocked!"

that is absolutely true.

thanks once again for providing space for inspiration!

April 5, 2009 at 1:59 PM

Let the church say AMEN!

This was just what I needed to hear today. I was feeling down in my thoughts. I am reloaded and ready to go!

Thanks for posting this sermon by Bishop Jakes. It was on time and definitely something I needed to hear.

April 5, 2009 at 4:55 PM
Locations of visitors to this page
Visit SjP's Trophy Room for a Complete Tour

Best Posts

View blog authority

BlogBurst.com

RSSMicro FeedRank Results Page Rank Check My Zimbio Add to Technorati Favorites
Powered By Blogger

ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45 ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45