Sojourner's Place

sunday inspirations...no ways tired  

Posted by SjP in

Lately, I haven't had much time to sojourn the blogosphere on a daily basis. So, Saturday evenings are typically set aside for catching up on news and dropping comments. Last night was no different, but with the exception of the Old School Friday picks, the "news" seemed to weigh me down.

With every click, I found myself tiring with the such depressing and tragic news. The young African American woman murdered by an alleged cyberspace stalker/hater over at
VP's and WAOD. The suicide and taser deaths at EV. The young woman who asked on nationwide television if being on the receiving end of a carnal pleasure should be put to the 90 day rule over at Native Son.

Taking a break to go pick up the "Social Butterfly" from work, I realized I was becoming quite depressed at the news I'd just read. I thought to myself - what's the use? Nothing is going to change. I wondered if this is what the world looked like before the destruction of the Sodom and Gomorrah or Rome. I kept thinking just how tired I was becoming.

Then, taking one final sojourn, I returned to U's spot and read a brilliant recounting of two near death incidents he'd encountered when he was young. In this post, he asks the question why he was spared. In my opinion, U's life was spared because God was not - is not through with him yet.

God is STILL in control - no matter how bad things are or even appear to be. And while the news can be, and often is, depressing and tragic - I can't get tired or weighed down with or by it. Much obliged U for reminding me of that.





Sunday Inspirations, is the meme created in honor of my Mother for Mother's Day 2008 and is just one way to help get us through the week ahead, the trials we may face, and yes, to say Thank Ya and testify! I hope that you participate and share with us your Sunday Inspirations. Your weekly contribution may very well be the inspiration that someone else may need and has been looking for.



Obliged to you for hearing me,
and now old SjP ain't got nothin' more to say...
~~~ ~~~ ~~~
Black News Junkie ~ ~ Technorati ~ ~ Del.iciou.us ~ ~ Digg This! ~ ~ StumbleUpon ~ ~ Twitter ~ ~ My Good Towels ~ ~ FeedBlitz ~ ~ Email SjP

Sphere: Related Content

This entry was posted at Sunday, April 19, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the .

3 sojourners hollin' back

SjP,

Take a piece of advice from your on line twin-turn the set off for a day or two. I usually do not tune in for a week. It will help your spiritual psyche to re-charge.

We have so much trouble in our time-just like every other generation has had so much trouble in their time. I think we get bombarded by too much repeat news about the troubling actions of human beings.

Fortuantely we know how to pray and let go and let God work it out.

April 19, 2009 at 5:44 PM

@ Twin,

Good advise! And you are absolutely correct. Seems like bad news is the only news we hear. I guess that's because its the only news that sells.

Got to keep on PUSHing!

April 19, 2009 at 5:56 PM

Sojourner & Lady D - We have to continue to find ways to uplift ourselves (and our blog readers) with positive news and information at least as often as we share more negative information. This is something that I will be more attune to after reading this blog post. Asante sana...

April 20, 2009 at 4:14 PM
Locations of visitors to this page
Visit SjP's Trophy Room for a Complete Tour

Best Posts

View blog authority

BlogBurst.com

RSSMicro FeedRank Results Page Rank Check My Zimbio Add to Technorati Favorites
Powered By Blogger

ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45 ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45