Sojourner's Place

sunday inspirations...one mother's mother's day thoughts  

Posted by SjP in

Why don't they talk to me and share their inner-most secrets? They use to when they were younger? Now that they are older, they have their own lives to which I often attempt to pry in order to be a part. Seems, though, that no matter how much prying or gentle prodding I might do - their openness seems to close just at that very moment when I'm feeling a break through.

I look or think about them in wonderment sometimes, hoping and praying that I have given them all that they need to be successful and happy. I am amazed that when I look at them, I still see the babies whose diapers I changed, cheeks I squeezed, toes I counted, and coos I so loved to hear. And I worry about you each and every day no matter how old they get. I know they think they are grown - but, they will forever remain my babies and therefore, it is my prerogative to worry and even pry.

I sometimes long just to hear the words that I am special to you and that you love me. I sometimes long to hear you say "Mamma, lets just hang out today - just us". I wish I could see spend more time with them like we use to. Or just sit around and jaw-jerk. I miss those days...those times. But, I just need to let them know that I'm here, that I'll always be here.

I love them both as only a mother can.




Mamma, lets just hang out on Tuesday! We'll do lunch...do a little jaw-jerking... maybe see a movie or play a little. Just US! And, I'll even let you pry and prod ::smile::

Love, Bumma (aka SjP)

Sunday Inspirations, is the meme created in honor of my Mother for Mother's Day 2008 and is just one way to help get us through the week ahead, the trials we may face, and yes, to say Thank Ya and testify! I hope that you participate and share with us your Sunday Inspirations. Your weekly contribution may very well be the inspiration that someone else may need and has been looking for.



Obliged to you for hearing me,
and now old SjP ain't got nothin' more to say...
~~~ ~~~ ~~~
Black News Junkie ~ ~ Technorati ~ ~ Del.iciou.us ~ ~ Digg This! ~ ~ StumbleUpon ~ ~ Twitter ~ ~ My Good Towels ~ ~ FeedBlitz ~ ~ Email SjP

Sphere: Related Content

This entry was posted at Sunday, May 10, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the .

5 sojourners hollin' back

there is something magical that occurs between a mother and child. in the presence of their mother a man or woman seem to transend time and become as a little child once more.

at the feet of a mother, time stops, even reverses itself and as we look up into her face we behold a miracle in our lives. we see one that gave up all just for us. we see one whose sacrifice of her own self for her child knows no bounds.

just to see a smile upon her face is the greatest of gifts that a man may be given. may they never be forgotten, this lady of miracles.

and when they may leave us let us live so as to bring honor to her memory. for tis a mother we speak of, tis of a mother we be as we be.

May 10, 2009 at 6:29 PM

@ Griper,

ahhh...somewho, I knew you would understand...

May 10, 2009 at 7:34 PM

Hope you had a great mother's day.

May 11, 2009 at 9:59 PM

Hey there SjP!!

I am soooo late stopping by your house to give you Happy Mother's Day greetings!!

I salute you!

Peace, blessings and DUNAMIS!
Lisa

May 12, 2009 at 3:59 PM

I was so busy with my mom and my baby boys that I didn't have an opportunity to wish you a Happy Mother's Day.

Being a mother is one identity that I took on as a woman that is the most important one in my life.

This is a great post SjP!
I hope you had a great day!

May 15, 2009 at 1:25 AM
Locations of visitors to this page
Visit SjP's Trophy Room for a Complete Tour

Best Posts

View blog authority

BlogBurst.com

RSSMicro FeedRank Results Page Rank Check My Zimbio Add to Technorati Favorites
Powered By Blogger

ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45 ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45