Sojourner's Place

team clinton feeling the recession, too?  

Posted by SjP in , ,

I need some real help trying to understand this one. O.K., so Hillary is going around everywhere talking about the need for affordable health care for ALL Americans...ain't got no problem with that! In fact, I heard her talking with a man who had recently lost a loved one because of the lack of health care. It was a heart-wrenching story and of course, the Senator was both teary and somber...got a problem with that!

Here's why! Apart from this news bite appearing to be a hypocritical photo-op, I was blinded by the recent reports permeating the media that Clinton has not paid the health insurance premiums for her team for the last two months! According to one article: During the first two months of the year, the campaign did not pay down any of that debt. In fact, it accrued another $16,000 in unpaid bills last month, and it finished the month owing Aetna $229,000.

Now, I heard somewhere (tic) that the Clintons made over 100 million dollars since 2000. And I also heard the Senator say that she "has nothing against rich people" - guess not since she is one. But, here's my issue/question: if she could afford to loan her campaign 5 mil a couple of months ago CAN'T she afford to pay the 229K in health insurance benefits for her staff - not to mention the other 16K owed to vendors. Seems to me that she's got her priorities mixed. Guess she's feeling the recession, too.

All this - and more - make me wonder just what she meant by "he [Obama] can't win!". Did she really mean that Obama can't beat McCain and she can or how dare Obama take away her birth-right? You know what I think...what about you?

Obliged to you for hearing me, and now old Sojourner('s Place) ain't got nothing more to say.

SjP


Add to Technorati Favorites
Digg!

Sphere: Related Content

This entry was posted at Sunday, April 06, 2008 and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the .

4 sojourners hollin' back

Anonymous  

asheselah - sure that's not fraud...:>)

April 9, 2008 at 4:35 PM

I've never really felt the "birth right" analysis, but I do believe Hillary thinks the presidency is her right, particularly as opposed to Barack Obama. If she were behind John Edwards, would she have dropped out by now? That's a question only she and her husband can answer.

Anyway, there is some real hypocrisy to Clinton insisting that national health care won't work unless everyone is obliged to sign up and pay a premium, but then Clinton doesn't pay the premiums on the health care she already has. That is a real irony, isn't it?

Please adopt the "Concede Now, Hillary!" widget and sign the petition for Hillary to concede now. It's time to unite the Democratic Party behind its chosen candidate!

April 10, 2008 at 4:30 PM

Francis - yes, probably more of a situation where she feel that it's her time and her moment rather than a birth-right. Initially, it's also pretty clear that she expected to run this race unopposed...and then up popped the Obama Movement that no one is really able to explain. I really don't think that she or Bill ever thought that ANYONE would rise up against her.

On another note, I've put the widget back - it had been giving me some problems (how ironic). And I've signed the petition (one of the first to do so) under my registered voter's name. I thought that would be a more powerful statement. I've also encouraged friends, colleagues, and relatives to do the same. I'm right there with you because the people have spoken!



SjP

April 10, 2008 at 6:27 PM
Locations of visitors to this page
Visit SjP's Trophy Room for a Complete Tour

Best Posts

View blog authority

BlogBurst.com

RSSMicro FeedRank Results Page Rank Check My Zimbio Add to Technorati Favorites
Powered By Blogger

ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45 ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45