Sojourner's Place

skee-wee back at ya michelle!  

Posted by SjP in ,


I've known about this for a couple of days, but was really hesitant in posting this announcement here at Sojourner's Place. But, I'm just so proud I could burst! So when I saw the "announcement" over at Native Son, I just had to send out a little "skee-wee" shout out to Michelle Obama. She has accepted the invitation to be among over 200,000 women who wear those 20 pearls and that pink and green with pride and grace!


I'm so happy over here, I'm turning pink! But, that's all I'm going to say here. You can check out the rest at MichelleObamaWatch.com.

Speak the Truth!

Obliged to you for hearing me, and now old SjP ain't got nothing more to say.

Sphere: Related Content

This entry was posted at Monday, July 14, 2008 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the .

10 sojourners hollin' back

Anonymous  

Hello Soror! I join you in welcoming Michelle into the fold.

Lynn@Hicktownpress

P.S. - You should consider removing the word verification barrier. Just make people register and that should be enough. It took me several times to even read those strange lettering of the verification. You'll have more people sign if it's easier for them.

July 16, 2008 at 7:18 AM

See! That's why "the shield" is so important to me...always got something to lean on and hold me up! Much obliged Soror!

July 16, 2008 at 1:30 PM
Anonymous  

That's the one thing I regret about undergrad, I did not pledge:(. My grad school doesn't have ANY such organizations.

Congrats to Michelle. I am sure she has love for all sororities too.

July 16, 2008 at 3:13 PM
Anonymous  

*pink and green hugs* Yes, I was hesistant to post it to but once I saw it on a couple of news outlets I figured the cat was out of the bag. I'm thrilled!!!!

July 16, 2008 at 3:17 PM

Talulazoeapple, alumna Black Greek letter chapters aren't affiliated with a college or university. They are typically what we call a city or region chapter. Might want to locate a chapter nearest to you to find out the process for membership. Just keep in mind, that not all sorority's do it the same way, so you'll want to be "very" carefull about how you "inquire". Just a tip...

VT, much obliged Soror, much obliged! I'm still grinning, too!

July 16, 2008 at 3:49 PM
Anonymous  

Thank you for the info.

July 16, 2008 at 4:08 PM

That's great news. I didn't pledge any of the sororities during my undergrad years. SJP, is there any way I can get in as a graduate student? I am working on my doctorate. Or is there a way of getting in as a professional?

July 17, 2008 at 10:38 AM

Janet - Much obliged for dropping by SjP's. Don't be a stanger.

With respect to the sorority membership question, please see previous response to Talulazoeapple.

July 17, 2008 at 1:27 PM

Hello there!

Did Michelle make a speech at their 100th year celebration?

Was there any media coverage about this?

Thanks for sharing the news...I'm not an AKA but...I like Michelle... what I have seen of her so far! (SMILE)

Lisa

July 20, 2008 at 2:52 AM

Lisa, I've not heard the news on the "ivy vine" that she spoke at the celebration. Barack was the recipient of one of the awards and his acceptance letter was read during the Public Meeting last Sunday. In concluding the letter, he and Michelle "thanked" the organization for the membership invitation to Michelle. With respect to media coverage, the announcement appeared in print/internet venues but I didn't hear/see anything about it coming over the airwaves.

I like Michelle, too...even before the AKA announcement. {smile}. Have you had a chance to check out Michelle Obama Watch.com? A few of us post articles, videos, etc that we come across there. Also, she now has a blog over at Blogher you might find interesting.

Have a good one!

July 20, 2008 at 10:44 AM
Locations of visitors to this page
Visit SjP's Trophy Room for a Complete Tour

Best Posts

View blog authority

BlogBurst.com

RSSMicro FeedRank Results Page Rank Check My Zimbio Add to Technorati Favorites
Powered By Blogger

ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45 ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45