Sojourner's Place

old school friday...political/socio-political  

Posted by SjP in ,

It's Friday and that means it's a the day for dancing, singing and remembering! This week's theme is Political or Socio-Political Songs! Edwin Starr asked the question "War, what is it good for?" at the height of the Viet Nam War. Seems the answer remains the same today: NOTHING!





Mrs. Grapevine and Ms. Marvalus are the creators of this bloggie meme. Click here for more info. Want more OSF! Check out these sites:


Speak the Truth!

Obliged to you for hearing me, and now old SjP ain't got nothing more to say.

Sphere: Related Content

This entry was posted at Friday, August 15, 2008 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the .

13 sojourners hollin' back

Someone needs to blast this in the White House round the clock, every hour on the hour.

August 15, 2008 at 10:40 AM

ABSOLUTELY nothing!!!

August 15, 2008 at 11:17 AM

Happy OSF!

Ain't no good reason for war. This song remains relevant in 2008 as it was back in 1968...

peace, Villager

August 15, 2008 at 11:35 AM
Anonymous  

GREAT OSF POST!

The combination of that classic Temptations song with that video footage of war scenes was really well done.

Thanks!

August 15, 2008 at 12:37 PM

Classic and always relevant pick! It was true back then and still holds true now. Will anybody ever pay attention??

Have a great weekend!

August 15, 2008 at 12:37 PM

SJP:

Love your work but that tennis Player you featured is James Blake. He beat Roger Federer (a once Tennis mini god) from Switzerland. Blake is for USA.

August 15, 2008 at 3:31 PM

ooops! u right AAW...typing too fast for my own good! MO! (much obliged!

August 15, 2008 at 3:37 PM

I agree with all the above comments- Absolutely Nothing..

War,is a waste of time and energy.

August 15, 2008 at 4:24 PM

Now we have Bush calling Russia a bully for invading Georgia. he simply cannot recognize the hypocrisy of this criticism. All aggression no matter who starts it is wrong. There is simply no need for this wanton destruction and it saddens me that we keep inventing new and better ways to be cruel to one another.

August 15, 2008 at 5:08 PM

In my mother's house, we used to have these Motown 8 tracks and this song was on it...made the hosuecleaning go a little easier; you know, put some pep in your step!

I agree with all here...this song is still relevant...

August 15, 2008 at 11:03 PM

@ ShAe' ShAe' - I hear you! But it would probably fall on deaf ears!

@ Villager - so true!

@ Keith - I knew that War was going to be my pick this week but when I found it with the visuals, well that just added a whole other level to its meaning.

@ Regina - probabaly not...much obliged!

@ Iriegal - and lives and money, too.

@ Renee - so self-righteous our POTUS! I listened to the CNN report this morning on this with Condi and her Georgian counterpart. I was nearly in tears listening at the pure devastation caused at the hands of Russia. The Georgian described Russia as being EVIL! And to think Bush looked into Putin's eyes and saw a "good soul". What does that say about Bush and his soul...

@ Ms Marva - come on now! 8 tracks...:>) My kids saw some 8 tracks a couple of years ago and thought they were old video games.

Much obliged y'all for stopping by!

August 16, 2008 at 12:47 AM

Absolutely Nothing!

My post today, would have worked for Sunday Inspirations, oh well, I have something else in mind.

I will forever visualize Jackie
Chan and Chris Tucker when I hear this song.

August 16, 2008 at 1:36 AM

@ Mrs G - I know...me, too LOL!

August 16, 2008 at 2:30 AM
Locations of visitors to this page
Visit SjP's Trophy Room for a Complete Tour

Best Posts

View blog authority

BlogBurst.com

RSSMicro FeedRank Results Page Rank Check My Zimbio Add to Technorati Favorites
Powered By Blogger

ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45 ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45