Much obliged to fellow Entrecard Dropper, Isabella Mori of Change Therapy for humbling Sojourner's Place with the Brilliant Weblog Award for the recently created "Slave" Narratives Open Thread. And to think I've been considering discontinuing the weekly thread due to low activity, but not any more!
I urge all Sojourners to take some time to drop by Isabella's where she's committed to "making lives better, making better lives".
In receiving this award, I am to nominate at least 7 brilliant blogs. Now that is really difficult, as there are so many brilliant blogs deserving of this award. Awardees, are encouraged to:
1. Add the logo of the award to your blog
2. Add a link to the person who awarded it to you
3. Nominate at least 7 other blogs
4. Add links to those blogs on your blog
5. Leave a message for your nominees on their blogs
The Brilliant Blogs I am nominating for this award are:
1. Black On Campus: I am a life-long student of higher education, and Ajuan continues to teach me lessons I never knew.
2. Black Women, Blow the Trumpet: When I need dig deep and be challenged about my own personal "isms", this is where I go. Word to the wise should be sufficient, Lisa don't allow no perps at her place so you better come real!
3. Gina of What About Our Daughters for having the "audacity" to enlist a cadre of bloggers and launch the Michelle Obama Watch, a repository of all of the criticism, praise, and general chicanery thrown at Michelle Obama between now and November. Its an honor to be a part of this effort.
4. Field Negro: it is probable that each and every Afrosphere or AfroSpear blogger is well aware of the hard-hitting brilliance of Field. And that's all I got to say about that!
5. The Marvalus View: Ms. Marva's 10Spot is simply a joy to read each week. She let's us have a peek into what she's feeling right now! Oh yeah, she is also one of the co-"founders" of Old School Friday...and where would we be without that!
6. Regina's Family Seasons: Class! Dignity! Integrity! Brilliant...and an inspiration to me!
7. Ebony Report: This is a spot that I just truly like and enjoy! As the tag line says, this blog presents provocative African-American news and commentary to enlighten and uplift.
8. Modern Musings: Whether for human rights in Darfur or calling for the reinvestigation of LaVena Johnson's death, Danielle uses her blog to advocate for what's right.
9. From My Brown Eyed View: Ms Lady Deborah, what can I say about this spot and blogger! Always on point and always looking out! Much obliged for all you do!
10. Raw Dawg Buffalo: in SjP's humble opinion, "My Daddy didn't name me Dr." aka Jones represents the best that the blogosphere has to offer. Real, and never shallow, he speaks on fatherhood, politics, the economy and so much more. When visiting this blog for the first time, you might want to take along copies of an "urban dictionary" and the latest scientific journal to help you translate, but believe me it will be worth it. Now, I see he already got one of these awards, but I don't care cuz Jones deserve anuther one from ole SjP! So, na he got 2.
Congratulations to all awardees and much obliged, Isabella for the recognition.
Speak the Truth!
Obliged to you for hearing me, and now old SjP ain't got nothing more to say.
Who I Be?
Welcome to Sojourner’s Place!
Created with the professional African-American woman in mind, the scope of Sojourner’s Place evolves every day. So glad you stopped by and I hope you will be inspired, informed, motivated, and energized!
Once again, welcome and much obliged for stopping by. Come back soon!
Est. January 1, 2008
Cooking Up on the Stove
The Menu @ SjP's
SjP's Daily Dose
Coffee & Dessert
- AAO: Discussion Forum
- Automatic Preference
- Beautiful Are the Souls of Black Sisters
- Bent Society Blog
- Black Agenda Report
- Black Gives Back
- Black News Junkie
- Black Perspective [dot] Net
- Change Therapy
- Diversity Ink
- Hello Beautiful
- Hey Shae!
- I Choose Bliss
- Mimi Writes
- Modern Musings
- Monroe Anderson
- Mothers are Vanishing
- New Black Woman
- Roots of Humanity
- Shades of Black and White
- Songs in the Key of Life
- Tell It WOC Speak
- The Black Factor
- The Busy Mind of a Quiet Man
- The Epitome: Dialogues and Discourse
- The Field Negro
- The Root
- Thoughts of a Ghetto Intellectual
- Underground Railroad Tribal Alliance
- Vanessa: Unplugged
- Vibes of Humanity
- What Matters to Believer
- When Least Expected
Global Day of Action for Troy Davis
SjP passes this award on to all Global Blogging Day of Action for Troy Davis Participants.
Today's Word of Knowledge
Find more Motivational Quotes
For My Sistas
Powered By Ringsurf
Powered By Ringsurf
'Cause, I Sing America, Too
The White House Briefing Room
Your Money at Work? Recovery.Gov