Sojourner's Place

sunday inspirations...your cross  

Posted by SjP in ,

A young man was at the end of his rope, seeing no way out, dropped to his knees in prayer. "Lord, I can't go on," he said. "I have too heavy of a cross to bear."The Lord replied, "My son, if you can't bear its weight, just place your cross inside this room. Then, open that other door and pick out any cross you wish."


The man was filled with relief and said, "Thank you, Lord," and he did as he was told. Upon entering the other door, he saw many crosses, some so large the tops were not visible. Then, he spotted a tiny cross leaning against a far wall. "I'd like that one, Lord," he whispered. And the Lord replied, "My son, that is the cross you just brought in."

When life's problems seem overwhelming, it helps to look around and see what other people are coping with. You may consider yourself far more fortunate than you imagined.

Whatever your cross, whatever your pain, There will always be sunshine after the rain. Perhaps you may stumble, perhaps even fall, But God's always there to help you through it all.


Obliged to you for hearing me,
and now old SjP ain't got nothin' more to say...


Sphere: Related Content

This entry was posted at Sunday, November 23, 2008 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the .

9 sojourners hollin' back

That was beautiful.

November 23, 2008 at 2:32 PM

Wonderful! I could have used that this morning. I'll use it next week, if you don't mind.

November 23, 2008 at 2:59 PM

@ ClnMike, I thought so too and I really need it right in through here.

@ RevvyRev, Of course you can use it! That's what Sunday Inspirations is all about...sharing the Word!

November 23, 2008 at 5:10 PM

Simply beautiful! Thanks for sharing this with your readers. I wish the young man who committed suicide while on the Internet earlier in the week could have received this message.

November 23, 2008 at 5:51 PM

Excellent post and very fitting for today's world. Everyone thinks theirs is the only problem, but when you step back and look around your little issues don't seem nearly as bad!

November 23, 2008 at 6:08 PM

@Pjazzy, its really hard to believe and even harder to understand how people could actually watch this young man commit suicide and not call someone. Very very sad indeed.

@ Regina, yes we often think that our own crosses are bigger than others until we come face to face with how bad it really could be.

November 23, 2008 at 7:38 PM

i enjoyed that!

November 23, 2008 at 8:59 PM

It seems that I have to learn and re-learn this lesson time and again.
But the visual that you describe is helpful. I'm putting small crosses in each room of my house as a reminder.

November 23, 2008 at 10:47 PM

Hey there,

I have always looooved telling that story when preaching!!

I received it by email long ago and it remains my very favorite!

There is so much I have to be thankful for.

November 25, 2008 at 10:01 PM
Locations of visitors to this page
Visit SjP's Trophy Room for a Complete Tour

Best Posts

View blog authority

BlogBurst.com

RSSMicro FeedRank Results Page Rank Check My Zimbio Add to Technorati Favorites
Powered By Blogger

ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45 ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45