Sojourner's Place

sjp a superior scribbler? c'mon now!  

Posted by SjP in , ,

My on-line blogging sistah, Ms. Lady Deborah over at My Brown Eyed View, gave Sojourner's Place an award last week. I got a feeling that me and Ms. Deborah are related cause we are so much alike. She is truly a great friend and I hope we meet in person someday when/if we get to each others' sides of the plantation. So, needless to say that receiving the Superior Scribbler Award from my good friend is really a humbling honor.

Now, as with most awards, this one also comes with some rules and here they are:

  1. Each Superior Scribbler must in turn pass The Award on to 5 most-deserving Bloggy Friends.

  2. Each Superior Scribbler must link to the author & the name of the blog from whom he/she has received The Award.

  3. Each Superior Scribbler must display The Award on his/her blog, and link to This Post,which explains The Award.

  4. Each Blogger who wins The Superior Scribbler Award must visit this post and add his/her name to the Mr. Linky List. That way, we'll be able to keep up-to-date on everyone who receives This Prestigious Honor!

  5. Each Superior Scribbler must post these rules on his/her blog.
I'm passing the Superior Scribbler Award to five "Brothas" in honor of the 44th President of the United States, Barack Obama! Y'all are doing it and just like the Prez-elect each of you are an inspiration to me and others. Keep it going!

1. Revvy Rev of The Certain Sound

2. Clmike of The Happy Go Lucky Bachelor

3. Keith of The "D" Spot

4. Yobachi of BlackPerspective.net

5. UBJ of Ugly Black John

There are so many other Brothas in the Afrosphere doing it and doing it well; but alas I could pass this award on to only five. Please check them out if you have not already done so. And don't forget to check out my girl, Ms. Lady Deborah. Much obliged, girlfriend! Very much obliged.

Obliged to you for hearing me,
and now old SjP ain't got nothin' more to say...

~~~ ~~~ ~~~

Technorati ~ ~ Del.iciou.us ~ ~ Digg This! ~ ~ StumbleUpon ~ ~ Twitter ~ ~ My Good Towels ~ ~ FeedBlitz ~ ~ Email SjP




Sphere: Related Content

This entry was posted at Sunday, November 23, 2008 and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the .

13 sojourners hollin' back

Congrats on this delicious award. Richly deserved.

November 23, 2008 at 10:32 PM

@ Mimi, much obliged! Very much obliged!

November 23, 2008 at 10:59 PM

Sista, you are something! Thank you so much. I am blushing. Well, at least it feels like I am. (LOL). Keep on doin' what you're doin' over here. Great Stuff!

November 24, 2008 at 1:55 PM

You deserved the award. Your writing stylings are unique and enjoyable to read! I truly love your vibe and flow here on your redesigned blog design...

I haven't spent much time on 2 of the 5 bloggers that you awarded. I look forward to checkin' 'em out...

peace, Villager

November 24, 2008 at 5:11 PM

Wow, I am really flattered, thank you.

November 24, 2008 at 7:05 PM

Thanks for the recognition SjP.

As you would say, "much oblidged".

You're a scholar and a lady.

November 24, 2008 at 11:23 PM

And thanks for spelling my blog's name correctly, so many people leave off the .net and then some.

But, hell, if I mentioned in a positive light I appreciate it regardless.

November 24, 2008 at 11:26 PM

Hello there!

Congratulations to all of the honorees!!

Please keep on being fabulous!!

Peace, blessings and DUNAMIS!
Lisa

November 25, 2008 at 6:19 PM
This comment has been removed by the author.
November 25, 2008 at 6:20 PM

Hey there SjP,

This is unrelated to the award presentation....but...

We need all trumpets blaring to protest the racist disparagement of the black scholar, Dr. Yolanda Pierce, by students at Princeton.

http://blackwomenblowthetrumpet.blogspot.com/2008/11/flickering-flame-of-hipster-racism-at.html

Peace, blessings and DUNAMIS!
Lisa

November 25, 2008 at 6:22 PM

Congrats...you are very deserving indeed!!

November 27, 2008 at 6:00 AM

sjp- yeah, I saw this earlier but didn't know how to go about claiming "the big ups".
Since, it seems, so many people read each other's blogs and pass the awards between the groups - how can one tell if the people I'd want to pass it along to have already received the distiction or not?

November 29, 2008 at 9:32 PM

Much obliged to all for your congrats and sharing your warm regards with me. Couldn't do what I do here without your continued support and encouragement. Much Obliged...Very Much Obliged!

@ UGJ, don't worry too much about the duplication(s). Just pass your awards on from the heart. It will be just fine. When I am fortunate to pass along an award, I check out who the giver has passsed the award to as well as who passed it on to my giver. That helps some with duplication. I also like to pass on awards to new visitors to my spot, new bloggers, regular visitors, or like with this one to a targeted group like my Brothas. But, don't fret its all good!

November 30, 2008 at 2:21 AM
Locations of visitors to this page
Visit SjP's Trophy Room for a Complete Tour

Best Posts

View blog authority

BlogBurst.com

RSSMicro FeedRank Results Page Rank Check My Zimbio Add to Technorati Favorites
Powered By Blogger

ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45 ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45