Sojourner's Place

tried to run, but couldn't hide  

Posted by SjP in

Yeah! I got tagged. And since Villager of Electronic Village scooped me on the Etiquette for Obama Supporters on November 5, had to reschedule my responses to "6 Random Things About Me" for this mornings post. Much Obliged, Renee from Womanist Musings...Really, Much Obliged! I'm surfing the blogosphere for just the right tag so I can "pay this honor forward" (lol) ! But, on the real, if you haven't had a chance to stop by EV or WW, I urge all Sojourners to do so.

O.K, so here are 6 Random Things About Me:

1. I use to really enjoy my job, but when my very own "Sarah Palin" came on the scene about 18 months ago its been all down-hill from there. The good thing about that is that if it had not been for her, Sojourner's Place would never have been launched.

2. I've been a proud member of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. longer than I've been an adult, married, or a mother....and that's a long a$$ time. Pinkies up to all my Sorors out there reading this post.

3. A while back I had the opportunity to meet William "the Refrigerator" Perry. We were both sitting at a bar in airport waiting for connecting flights. Got his autograph and enjoyed talking to him for a bit. Only thing - well two things - I kept thinking that surely he'd made enough money to get some dentures and damn! did I really watch him drink a fifth of vodka in 20 minutes!!

4. Other celebrities I've had the pleasure of meeting and actually having a conversation with are Lou Gossett Jr, Dick Gregory, Ruby Dee and the late Ossie Davis, KRS One (bet that's a shocker), Giancarlo Esposito, and the late Khalid Mohammed (that's a story in itself).

5. I've been addicted to Coca-Cola since I was pregnant with youngSjP #1. That's 20 years now. Needless to say, the Olympics were hell!

6. When I drink, I drink Jack Daniels on the rocks with a twist of lime.

Now you know that all tags come with a set of rules. Let's make sure that I've done them all:

1. Link to the person who tagged you. CHECK
2. Post the rules on your blog. CHECK
3. Write six random things about yourself. CHECK
4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them. CHECK (see below)
5. Let each person know they've been tagged and leave a comment on their blog. IN PROGRESS
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up. CHECK

You've been tagged:
1. Ms Lady Deborah - cause you know I had to!
2. Villager - cause you scooped me! (lol)
3. C.S. Stone - cause I have a feeling that we might be cousins or something!
4. ClnMike - cause I'm just anxious to read what you go say - but, we already know about that thing you got with moths and flames so that can't be one of your 6! (lol)
5. Blog Queen - cause you my girl!
6. Raw Dawg Buffalo - cause I can't wait to read how folk spin it!

Obliged to you for hearing me,
and now old SjP ain't got nothin' more to say...

~~~ ~~~ ~~~

Technorati ~ ~ Del.iciou.us ~ ~ Digg This! ~ ~ StumbleUpon ~ ~ Twitter ~ ~ My Good Towels ~ ~ FeedBlitz ~ ~ Email SjP




Sphere: Related Content

This entry was posted at Saturday, November 01, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the .

5 sojourners hollin' back

Jack Daniels?

Ok than, lol.

November 1, 2008 at 12:44 PM

LOL!

Okay,I guess I can lift up my Vegas ban for six things about me.

And are you sure we are not related? :-)

I'll get back to you shortly when I post.

November 1, 2008 at 1:24 PM

@ ClnMike, yes with a twist. Use to drink gin but you know what they say about gin... LOL

@ Ms Lady Deborah, LOL! Wouldn't surprise me if we had more than a few genes in common!

November 1, 2008 at 4:58 PM

Thanks SJP! I really appreciate the love. I have completed my post and tagged my six. thanks again!

November 1, 2008 at 5:46 PM

@ Blog Queen, much obliged...on my way over!

November 1, 2008 at 11:54 PM
Locations of visitors to this page
Visit SjP's Trophy Room for a Complete Tour

Best Posts

View blog authority

BlogBurst.com

RSSMicro FeedRank Results Page Rank Check My Zimbio Add to Technorati Favorites
Powered By Blogger

ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45 ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45