Sojourner's Place

you just can't make this s*it up  

Posted by SjP in , , ,

A couple of weeks ago, I started getting emails from the Republican Party encouraging me to vote early and for Lt. Dan and the Ice Queen. In response to the first email received, I politely told my state's Republican Party that I had indeed voted and indicated that I was surprised that I was just now getting any information from them. My second response was not as polite as it was "from" the Ice Queen herself. Devoid of any four-letter words, I let her know that I not only voted early but that I had in fact voted for THAT ONE! I let her know that had the Republican Party tried to garner my vote earlier that my choice might have been different - YEAH! RIGHT! But anyway, I wrongly expected NOT to receive anymore emails from her or anyone else from the Republican Party.


So, can anyone tell me why I received yet another email from these folks? And if that weren't bad enough, they have the audacity to ask ME for a donation of up to $5,000 (isn't the limit $2,300 hundred?). But, I ain't finished. Hold on to your hats and sit down cause you just ain't gon believe this. The subject line of the email states: Mr. Obama Would Have Voted For Genocide!
I kid you not! You just can't make this shyt up!

Under the headline, The Iraq War is Not a Mistake!, Gary Kreep (Executive Director Republican Majority Campaign PAC) writes:

The United States fought against Saddam Hussein’s genocide saving and protecting innocent lives. Now millions of Iraq’s citizens are secure and free from tyranny and terrorism. Mr. Obama says this was a mistake. Translation Mr. Obama would have voted for genocide. Mr. Obama would have let more mass graves be filled with the innocent lives of women and children killed by the orders of Saddam.
I kid you not! You just can't make this shyt up!

Then he takes after the liberal media being led by Oprah:

The Fundamental Truth Is that Freedom is always worth the Price

John McCain gets it and understands the true price of freedom and stands solidly with the long line of those in our military that have suffered and died for freedom.

Stop NOW, Oprah, and the Liberal media from deciding who will be our next president.

I kid you not! You just can't make this shyt up!
Then, just like a televangelist, Kreep asks for money:

MAKE YOUR MOST GENEROUS DONATION TODAY! (website deleted)

Your maximum possible gift of $5,000 would help us enormously.

Even smaller donations are going to help. Anything you can do will give us the ammunition we need to fight for John McCain and Sarah Palin.

Any amount — $1000, $500, $250, or even $100 will help show the truth before the November Presidential election.

Even if you can only afford $35 or $25 — we need your help and we need it now.

I kid you not! You just can't make this shyt up. But just in case you don't believe me, check out the RNC's donation page and see for yourself.

And here comes the icing on the cake. Kreep ends this email with words from the great Republican god, Ronald Reagen:

Ronald Reagan once said, “If not us, who? If not now, when?”

The problem with this quote is that Ronny actually took it from the famous American Psychologist Abraham Maslow who incidentally died in 1970. I'm telling you! You just can't make this shyt up!

So, you wondering if I responded to the email? YES. And this time my response was neither nice nor devoid of several choice four-letter words. I took great joy in telling this creep Kreep just what I thought of him, his party, and his candidate!

Thank God, I got that email after I got home from canvassing for Obama. Otherwise, I'm sure I would have been operating on the infamous wish factor! "I wish I'd see a mutha phuqing Lt. Dan supporter"!
Obliged to you for hearing me,
and now old SjP ain't got nothin' more to say...


Sphere: Related Content

This entry was posted at Saturday, November 01, 2008 and is filed under , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the .

11 sojourners hollin' back

Don't fret, SP. Come Wednesday morning, we'll be the ones having the last laugh.

November 1, 2008 at 6:25 PM

@ Monroe, I hope so...I certainly hope so!

November 1, 2008 at 7:31 PM

Hey SJP, No you can't make that shiggaty up! Your message is timely and humorous. Fortunately I have been voting the Democratic ticket all my voting years (starting with Carter) so I never receive any calls or emails from the other party. Enjoyed your commentary.

November 2, 2008 at 1:14 AM

I feel left out, I would of loved to have gotten some E-mails from them, lol.

November 2, 2008 at 11:34 AM

@ PJazzy, Same here with voting dem since Carter; but early on when the campaign started getting really nasty, I went to Lt. Dan's site a told him that he needed to cool it. Did the same for HRC and Obama. Never got anything from HRC and only recently started getting these emails from the RNC.

@ ClnMike, give your telephone number so I can tell the Robot Rats to stop calling me and to call you. Yeah, last night they called me. Finally hung up the phone after cussing out a computer!

November 2, 2008 at 1:05 PM

Life is ALWAYS stranger than fiction. SJP I stood in line 4 hr and 12 min to cast my Obama vote. I kid you not, several white people were in line saying, "I've never seen anything like this, I'm so surprised that so many people would just stand here for so long."

Translation: "Look at all these black folks who will not be moved!!"

November 2, 2008 at 3:01 PM

@ Shae', {singing} We will, we will not be moved! You got that right! LOL!

November 2, 2008 at 4:46 PM
Anonymous  

Sojourner,

This is truly priceless. But what will be even more priceless will be the expression on their faces The Day After. I only wish I had a camera hidden in every pro-McCain livingroom so it could accurately record the rising misery in dex amongst the willfully brain-dead.

Christmas is truly coming early this year...

November 2, 2008 at 6:29 PM

@ Keith, and they thought they were pissed off when OJ walked the first time...well, they ain't seen nothing yet. But, all you got to do is DVR Faux News and Sean Hannity! LOL!!! Can't wait!

November 2, 2008 at 6:38 PM

that site is the site of a PAC, my lovely friend. the rules are different for PACS than they are for direct donations to the candidate.

November 3, 2008 at 12:45 PM

@ The Griper, yes...I know.

November 3, 2008 at 1:18 PM
Locations of visitors to this page
Visit SjP's Trophy Room for a Complete Tour

Best Posts

View blog authority

BlogBurst.com

RSSMicro FeedRank Results Page Rank Check My Zimbio Add to Technorati Favorites
Powered By Blogger

ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45 ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45