Sojourner's Place

some things on my mind #5  

Posted by SjP in

Got some things, that I just feel like sharing, rambling, or ranting about. So here goes:

1. First things first. Much obliged to Revvy Rev and Regina for passing on the Emblem of the Helping Hand to me. I am deeply humbled with receiving it; but I am even more humbled that in receiving the Emblem that you have passed it on to some amazing bloggers (with the exception of one - ::smile::). Must admit, that in creating the Emblem, I never dreamed that I would also be a recipient. Much obliged! Very much obliged!

2. Some of you may already know this - but, I just found out that there is a new formula being used to calculate FICO scores. From what I understand, this new formula caluculation went into effect on January 9th. I strongly suggest that you get your copies of all three credit reports asap to see if your score has changed for the better or worse. One missed or late payment will be graded differently than if you have three missed payments. That's a good thing. But, if you been trying to boost your score by being listed on your Mamma's Visa that has a $5K credit limit, well that ain't gonna work anymore. You can check out more on this here.

3. Question. If you are employed at a state educational institution and your governor just told you that in addition to having to take a 6% salary reduction AND that your institution's budget was going to be cut by damn near 40%, what would you do? Somebody please tell me - because I'm seriously waiting for the punchline cause this has got to be a JOKE! Right?

4. Is George Bush an idiot or what? Maybe he took a plane to Fantasy Island and he thinks he's still there. Or maybe he's just living in La-La Land. Or maybe he really believes that he did the right thing these last 8 years. Or maybe, he's just an idiot!

5. I was in a fantasy football league this year for the first time. Got Moss and Brady in the draft. Brady got hurt in the first game. DAMN. Then I got Hasselbeck! Oh HAIL Naw! Had to get rid of him quick because of his wife. So, I pick up Cassel cause of Randy. Every body (all men in the league) laughed their butts off...until MY TEAM WON THE CHAMPIONSHIP! Guess who's laughing now!

6. I'm very proud Michelle Obama and admire her greatly, but I still don't care about the dress she's wearing to the inaugrual; or that her mother is moving into the WH; or that she just quit her job. What I do care about, however, she is a real-life Claire Huxtable and about to be First Lady of the United States! Get Over It! You Go Girl!

7. Question. Now, I don't get into pop-culture much, but I've noticed that two of the Beyonce' cuts always playing in my house don't seem to be "telling the story" of a new bride. I mean "if I was a boy" and "put a ring on it"? Maybe its just me...

8. Somebody please explain to me what is this infinity that the US has with Israel? I don't even pretend to understand. But, it sure as hell seems to me that they are doing some real FUS in Gaza and I'm not seeing too much difference between what they're doing and what the so called terrorist do. Can somebody explain.

9. Cambell Brown is getting on my nerves. I wish Roland would just tell her off. Oh! I forgot! She's pregnant so maybe her hormones are out of wack. But, lately she's been real biased and full of bull!

10. Much obliged: Ras Love Princess, Tabitha Chooses Bliss, Shirl, MilesPerHour, TakeAction, The Roots Of Humanity Are Within, Lisa C, The Synergistic Pen blackgivesback Aunt Jemima's RevengeLil' Red X, licia31, nikki,Delilah, Sharon, MacDaddy, –Bent Society: The Origin of Curmudgeonly Criminology - is feared by the bad and loved by the good!, iriegal, LadyLucaze, Tom Sawyer, Revvy Rev, Blog Queen, mikielanne, Regina, BVB, clnmike, Janet Shan, msladydeborah, Hagar's Daughter and Shelia for accepting my invitation to my good towels. My good towels are reserved for company...and you company.

10. The inauguration of the 44th President of the United States, Barack Hussein Obama is Tuesday and I have a front row seat! Right in front of my TV and I can't wait! Got plenty of tissue!

Obliged to you for hearing me,
and now old SjP ain't got nothin' more to say...

~~~ ~~~ ~~~
Technorati ~ ~ Del.iciou.us ~ ~ Digg This! ~ ~ StumbleUpon ~ ~ Twitter ~ ~ My Good Towels ~ ~ FeedBlitz ~ ~ Email SjP




Sphere: Related Content

This entry was posted at Friday, January 16, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the .

3 sojourners hollin' back

I agree with you about Campbell Brown. And even when I agree with her, she basically states the obvious. She really doesn't add any new insight on politics/current events.

January 16, 2009 at 3:34 PM

Congratulations on your FF team! Mine sucked bad this year...but they better watch out for me next year...I'm coming back hard! hee hee hee...

I honestly think that Bushie thinks that if he says it enough, then it will be true...you know how liars are.

January 16, 2009 at 9:15 PM

I am a huge Football fan but never have participated in the fantasy leagues. You have greatly inspired me on this also! Thanks for the shout out. You are the personification of the helping hand award, so please keep doing what you do. So many are blessed and benefit by your work.

January 16, 2009 at 11:05 PM
Locations of visitors to this page
Visit SjP's Trophy Room for a Complete Tour

Best Posts

View blog authority

BlogBurst.com

RSSMicro FeedRank Results Page Rank Check My Zimbio Add to Technorati Favorites
Powered By Blogger

ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45 ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45