Sojourner's Place

lakeesha alert! adji desir - UPDATE  

Posted by SjP in

UPDATE FROM 1/13/2009
One week has now passed since little Adji Desir has been missing from his Immokalee, Florida Home. He is feared to have been kidnapped. Nancy Grace did report on Adji the day after he went missing and now has a dedicated spot on her CNN page regarding his disappearance. Just scroll down and you'll find it right next to the announcement of her secret video on finding Caylee Anthony's remains. Hopefully, the coverage she is providing Adji will not result in a similar fate for him. Unfortunately, the two "breaking news" video links provided on her page were not working at the time of this post - but, I'm quite sure that will be fixed soon.
Wish I had better news...
Adji Desir

Case Number: NCMC1113684
Case Type: Endangered Missing
DOB: Oct 22, 2002
Missing Date: Jan 10, 2009
Missing From: IMMOKALEE, FL
Height & Weight: 3'0" (91 cm); 45 lbs (20 kg)

Little Adji Desir has been missing since Saturday evening. Still no sign of him, the Florida Collier County Sheriff's Office suspended Monday's ground search at dusk although a helicopter with an infrared device continued to search for him after nightfall.

Adji, a 6 year old developmentally disabled boy who functions on a level of a 2 year old, was last seen Saturday evening when he went outside to play with friends in Immokalee's Farmworker's Village. "His grandmother went to check on him and couldn't find him. Children who were outside with Desir when he went missing says they just noticed at one point that he was gone." (Source)

Adji's vocabulary is extremely limited. Although he understand Creole and knows his name, he cannot speak either. He was last seen wearing a blue and yellow t-shirt, blue and yellow shorts, and black and gray sneakers. Anyone with information is asked to call: 1-239-793-9300

Adji was featured in this
Nancy Grace video yesterday.




Obliged to you for hearing me,
and now old SjP ain't got nothin' more to say...

~~~ ~~~ ~~~
Technorati ~ ~ Del.iciou.us ~ ~ Digg This! ~ ~ StumbleUpon ~ ~ Twitter ~ ~ My Good Towels ~ ~ FeedBlitz ~ ~ Email SjP


Sphere: Related Content

This entry was posted at Sunday, January 18, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the .

13 sojourners hollin' back

Hi SjP, I just saw this on the news tonight and was so saddened by it. I certainly hope that something positive turns for this family and this baby is found.

January 14, 2009 at 12:17 AM

Happy WW! Your weekly reminders are chilling and necessary. I appreciate you for keeping the search for our lost angels at the forefront...

I invite your blog readers to share their thoughts on Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. as we begin the celebration of his birthday and Obama's inauguration.

peace, Villager

January 14, 2009 at 3:45 AM
Anonymous  

Hey Sojourner.

As always I'm glad to see you consistently 'keeping the light on'. Sure hope someone finds that child before it's too late..

January 14, 2009 at 9:19 AM

Hey SJP,
Is there any news/update about this story?

January 17, 2009 at 12:13 AM
Anonymous  

I really hope they find that little boy. It just brings me to tears knowing this has happened.

My best wishes and prayers go out to him and his family.

January 23, 2009 at 8:04 AM
Anonymous  

I'm just confused. First of all, I pray everyday for Adji's safe return. But someone made a good point on the AC360 blog on CNN. Why was a 7 year old allowed to walk out the door by himself to play with other neighborhood children (who I assume were also unattended by an adult). To make matters worse, why was a 7 year old who is developmentally disabled and functioning on the level of a two year old allowed to go out and play unattended by an adult in the neighborhood?? That would be like me letting my two year old outside to play by herself. Our world is not safe enough for children that young to play outside unattended. I don't know at what age I will EVER be able to let my 5 and 2 year old play outside alone. I watch all the time my neighbors let their 7 year old son walk out the door by himself to play, and I think of him as GOOD AS GONE - for some pervert sex-offender to come along and snatch him up. It's so sad. Let's get out butts off the couch, off the computer, off the X-Box, and go outside with our children, no matter how many parents are in the home, married, single-parent, grandma, grandpa, it doesn't matter. Let's be proactive in keeping our children safe, and at the same time SPEND SOME TIME with our children, they will remember that we took an interest in them!

February 13, 2009 at 12:53 PM

@ Anon, Does your confusion change the fact that Adji Desir is missing? No, it does not.

The purpose of this weekly meme on Sojourner's Place is not one for discussion or debate about the parenting skills (or lack thereof) of these children's parents or guardians. The sole purpose is to alert my readers and those who might just happen to sojourn by that there are people who are missing and loved who never make it to Nancy Grace or other mainstream media.

February 13, 2009 at 1:28 PM
Anonymous  

I've been worried sick about this little boy and have watching cnn/hln/jvm/nancy grace and more trying to find an update. I finally went searching on the net tonight, but still - it's like he's been forgotten. I came across this place and was glad to see there are at least, some more recent comments about him - I'm glad he's still in some of our thoughts. I'm just disheartened that the news has seemingly forgotten him. I sent an email to hln basically stating I'd like to see a followup and hopefully some steady media attention so that his picture is fresh in everyone's minds. The idea of heavy media coverage is to put pressure on an abducter so that maybe - just maybe - he would release the child. So I hate that Adji's coverage stopped almost as suddenly as it started. Maybe he was located... but I can't find any news anywhere that states that to be the case. Perhaps, some of you would like to email cnn or the news of your choice about it too?

February 15, 2009 at 11:50 PM
Anonymous  

We care and we are featuring the case of Aji Desir on our Missing Children's online web program www.themissingtv.com

February 24, 2009 at 8:14 PM
Anonymous  

I have also been looking for update and I am sorry to say that I see none. I also think it's knid of funny that 2 little white girls go missing and the media stays focused on them (Caylee and haleigh) but they won't even give us an update on what's being done to find this child or if they have clues as to what may have happened to him. I also wonder what teh police are doing to help, I know they have searched non stop for haleigh and have even called in cadaver dogs. What is being done to find this child. Before any one tries to say anything race related towards me I am white and I just don't understand why it seems as though no one in the media cares for this child. I mean honestly this is still a child no matter what his race and what if he was white would it be any different then?

February 27, 2009 at 3:04 PM
Anonymous  

I too agree with carla
why has the media given up on litte adji?
we hear so much now on the missing girl from satsuma, fl
what happen to Adji?

February 27, 2009 at 3:06 PM

@ Anon,I just can't believe this at all. The fact that there is little to no coverage on this child is very telling!

I am, however, pleased to announce that America's Most Wanted will be profiling this case this weekend. I did a short spot on this this past Wednesday: http://sojournersplace.blogspot.com/2009/02/wordless-wednesdaywaiting-on-some-good.html

February 27, 2009 at 3:35 PM

Anon - are you truly an idiot or do you just play one around the blogosphere?

September 29, 2010 at 5:06 PM
Locations of visitors to this page
Visit SjP's Trophy Room for a Complete Tour

Best Posts

View blog authority

BlogBurst.com

RSSMicro FeedRank Results Page Rank Check My Zimbio Add to Technorati Favorites
Powered By Blogger

ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45 ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45