Sojourner's Place

sunday inspirations...putting my attitude in check  

Posted by SjP in , ,

Yesterday afternoon, I must admit that my attitude just wasn't right. So not right that I was really feeling full of the devil. Maybe you can relate to what I'm talking about when you get so annoyed that the only thing that you really want to do is put your hand on your hip...point your finger...roll your eye...and give the party or parties annoying you a very good and unforgettable read topped off with some choice words that only a sistah can deliver. I'm sure that there are at least a couple of folks out there who just might understand what I'm talking about.

So, needless to I
say, my heart really wasn't in the right place when trying to find an inspirational message for today's post. But, you know God is Good All the Time and All the Time God is Good. And He ALWAYS has a way of putting my attitude in check. And yesterday was no different.

He first lead me to a piece written by our first President when he was 16 years old about "civility". In it, good old George presented over 100 items termed as Rules of Civility. I strongly encourage anyone feeling that civility to be difficult to define, might find an appropriate definition that may apply to everyday life.

Then after reading the rules, I found myself linking to a site entitled The Presidential Prayer Team. It took less than a minute for me to realize that what had been annoying me for the last couple of days was truly unimportant in the whole scheme of things. It became crystal clear that in the face of 2 wars, an world economy in peril, and terrorist attacks being real and pre
sent dangers that our leaders - and specifically our new President, Barack Obama - needs our help, our encouragement, and our prayers.

The Presidential Prayer Team
is leading the nation in lifting up the Obama administration in during the first 100 days of his administration. I signed up and pledged to be a part of this team in an effort to "provide an extraordinary layer of support and help to our new President as he steps up to lead." I encourage all you are so inclined to also sign up HERE

INSPIRATIONAL REFERENCES FOR THE WEEK JANUARY 22-29, 2009 ARE:

I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone—for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all men to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. The Bible, I Timothy 2:1-4 (NIV)

Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me.
The Bible, I Corinthians 13:8-11(NIV)

I truly hope that you will consider being a part of this prayer effort, because there is one thing that is for sure. We are all in this together. And while the frying pan may be pretty hot the fire is hotter.

Obliged to you for hearing me,
and now old SjP ain't got nothin' more to say...
~~~ ~~~ ~~~
Technorati ~ ~ Del.iciou.us ~ ~ Digg This! ~ ~ StumbleUpon ~ ~ Twitter ~ ~ My Good Towels ~ ~ FeedBlitz ~ ~ Email SjP



Sphere: Related Content

This entry was posted at Sunday, January 25, 2009 and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the .

5 sojourners hollin' back

Hey SJP, just checking in and seeing what's going on over here at your place :-) Thanks for the Prayer Team information. I think I am going to link to this site also. My president is going to need all the prayers he can get and then some.

January 25, 2009 at 3:39 AM

No doubt that President Obama needs our prayers. I also think it is important for all of us to take his lead ... and that of Prez Geo Washington ... and learn to be civil in our relations with others.

Thank you for sharing this with us!

January 25, 2009 at 1:42 PM
Anonymous  

I so agree with you and I will join today. He needs us to help him and EVERYONE should be doing this.

Blessed Be

January 25, 2009 at 3:22 PM

Well I never been so mad that I want to put my hand on my hips and wag my finger, but I have been mad enough to slug some one and have, lol.

Great post.

January 25, 2009 at 4:24 PM

@ Tabitha, Great! We got to PUSH!

@ Mike, lol...you are too much! lol

January 25, 2009 at 4:50 PM
Locations of visitors to this page
Visit SjP's Trophy Room for a Complete Tour

Best Posts

View blog authority

BlogBurst.com

RSSMicro FeedRank Results Page Rank Check My Zimbio Add to Technorati Favorites
Powered By Blogger

ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45 ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45