Sojourner's Place

old school friday...too hot for radio  

Posted by SjP in ,

Oh Yeah! It's FRIDAY!!! And that means it's time for some old school jamming and par-taying in the blogosphere! This week's "Too Hot for Radio". Now, I predicting that Prince will rule today and I must admit that I do have a favorite Prince cut that I've never heard on the radio cause it is truly x-rated. But, I didn't even try to see if there was even a clean version - because you know how hard it is to post anything by "The Artist".

So, I've decided to go with another jam, that I never heard on the radio. While the words are 'clean' the context is definitely not rated PG. Besides, I've been waiting to post this one and I think it fits perfectly with this week's theme - "Too Hot for Radio". Enjoy!

Surprise! Surprise! LOL!!!


Mrs. Grapevine and Ms. Marvalus are the creators of this bloggie meme. Click here for more info and join the fun.

Check out the rest of the "old schoolers":

Sphere: Related Content

This entry was posted at Friday, January 23, 2009 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the .

10 sojourners hollin' back

Anonymous  

SOJOURNER!

Girl I wish you could see the size of my smile right now!! Where in the !!!???##@@$##@?? did you get that Prince rehearsal video??? And EROTIC CITY??? I can't even...
You just made my Friday. For real. And I loved the first selection too, but this one juust blew me out the box.
HAPPY OSF!

January 23, 2009 at 5:46 PM

I'm right there with Keith...Erotic City is definitely in my top 5 favorite Prince songs...and to see it behind the scenes like this? Whew...

January 23, 2009 at 8:11 PM

Anything purple makes my day. Y'all undercover Prince lovers are coming outta the woodwork. LOL

January 24, 2009 at 1:18 AM

Happy America & OSF! It has been decades since I've heard Erotic City. Dayum...you brought back memories with this one. Much Obliged!!!

I invite your blog readers to check out my tribute to The Jones Girls. They didn't get much radio play back in the day. Do you remember them?

peace, Villager

January 24, 2009 at 2:10 AM

@ Keith, I was surprised to find that gem myself! I said "oh snap" and had to post it!

@ Marvalus, EC is one of my favorites too. Depending on my mood it might be even my #1 favorite switching up with Diamonds and Pearls.

@ Shae, "undercover Prince lovers" LOL!! Now, that evokes an interesting image! LOL

@ Villager, good ones I hope...::smile::

January 24, 2009 at 11:59 AM
Anonymous  

I couldn't get it to play, but that's one of my jams. It's not too fast and it's not too slow. I will have to comeback and try again. All the excitement has me dying to see the video.

January 24, 2009 at 3:35 PM

@ Mrs G, That's strange cause I couldn't get it to play either in my Flock browser but it did fine in IE. Who knows the reason why when dealing with technology...

January 24, 2009 at 3:46 PM

My, My, My I don't know how you did it but you found a gem of a video. Where in the world did you find that prince vid????
great choices!

January 24, 2009 at 8:02 PM

That Erotic City footage...HOOOOOLY!

You can't help but shake your thang thang when that track comes on. It is one of my all time favorites from The Purple One himself.

January 24, 2009 at 11:46 PM

LOL!!!

I got this 1984 rehearsal video here:
http://www.imeem.com/

January 25, 2009 at 12:07 AM
Locations of visitors to this page
Visit SjP's Trophy Room for a Complete Tour

Best Posts

View blog authority

BlogBurst.com

RSSMicro FeedRank Results Page Rank Check My Zimbio Add to Technorati Favorites
Powered By Blogger

ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45 ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45