Sojourner's Place

25 writers shaping my world  

Posted by SjP in

Ms. Lady Deborah done gone and tagged me. To be honest, I really liked this tag as it required me to really think about the 25 writers who have influenced me. Below are my 25:

1. Na'im Akbar
2. Maya Angelou
3. Sonya Sanchez
4. Camille Yarbrough
5. Ruby Dee
6. Patricia Russell-McCloud
7. Jacqueline Fleming
8. Alice Walker

9. Langston Hughes
10. Margaret Burroughs
11. Robert Frost
12. Zora Neal Hurston
13. Nathan and Julie Hare
14. Charles Johnson
15. Alex Haley
16. Nikki Giovanni
17. Mario Puzo
18. Sidney Sheldon
19. The Last Poets
20. Don E. Lee
21. Harriet E. Wilson
22. Martin Luther King, Jr.
23. Vinnette Justine Carroll
24. James Weldon Johnson
25. Barack Obama

Now, I pretty sure you're saying okay SjP but, Sidney Sheldon and Mario Puzo? Well, I liked Sheldon's books the way you never knew what was going to happen until the very end. And as for Puzo, well ya'll know how I feel about the Godfather!

So, now its time for me to give a few of you "an offer you can't refuse". That's right I'm tagging Villager, Mimi, Regina, Pjazzypar, Clnmike, Professor Tracy, and Tabitha. Suppose to do 25 - but, that ain't gonna happen. But, feel free to list your 25 if you are so inclined.

Obliged to you for hearing me,
and now old SjP ain't got nothin' more to say...
~~~ ~~~ ~~~
Black News Junkie ~ ~ Technorati ~ ~ Del.iciou.us ~ ~ Digg This! ~ ~ StumbleUpon ~ ~ Twitter ~ ~ My Good Towels ~ ~ FeedBlitz ~ ~ Email SjP

Sphere: Related Content

This entry was posted at Thursday, February 26, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the .

6 sojourners hollin' back

You go SjP!

It took me a couple of days to think about which writers to place on my list.

You have some folks that I like as well.

Great list!

February 26, 2009 at 11:04 PM

MLD, I started making my list and before I knew it I had 25! You know that surprised me! Had more fun doing this than the stuff I brought home from work! LOL! It was fun and telling.

February 26, 2009 at 11:22 PM

Sheesh... I was hesitant at first. However, once I got going it wasn't difficult to fill out the list. In fact, I had to cut out a few to keep it at 25.

We have a few common authors (Na'im Akbar, Barack Obama). I have some authors on my list that are science fiction (Butler, Clarke, Heinlien, Niven) and mystery writers (Agatha Chrisite).

I also have some that rival your Puzo selection (Gresham).

My Dad's favorite author was Louis L'Amour. I added him to my list in honor of Pops!

I was hesitant at first ... but, I enjoyed making the list. Thanx for tagging me...

peace, Villager

February 27, 2009 at 12:13 AM

@ Villager, See! I told you that you would enjoy this tag!

February 27, 2009 at 12:24 AM

I can do this.

February 28, 2009 at 11:21 AM

@ Clmike, Yes You Can!

February 28, 2009 at 12:51 PM
Locations of visitors to this page
Visit SjP's Trophy Room for a Complete Tour

Best Posts

View blog authority

BlogBurst.com

RSSMicro FeedRank Results Page Rank Check My Zimbio Add to Technorati Favorites
Powered By Blogger

ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45 ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45