Sojourner's Place

old school friday...1968-69...sophomore in high school  

Posted by SjP in

Oh Yeah! It's FRIDAY!!! And that means it's time for some old school jamming and par-taying in the blogosphere! This week's theme is "When I Was In 10th Grade". So, I'm guessing that most of ya'll stopped by here just to see what really, really, really old school jam I have in store for you seeing as how I was in 10th grade in the late 60s...1968-69 to be exact (and proud of it...lol)

There was an awful lot for me to choose from this week. But, then I remembered one of my all time favorites - Sly and the Family Stone. The were the "ish" back in the day and I just loved the way they meshed rock and funk together. And given the events of the past week, I'm really feeling the second of this three part medley done in 1969.

If you don't know...you better ask somebody!!! Enjoy! But, a word to the wise...if you don't work from home - turn your speaker down cause you might end up working from home. lol

Hot Fun > Don't Call Me Nigger >Take You Higher

Mrs. Grapevine and Ms. Marvalus are the creators of this bloggie meme. Click here for more info and join the fun.

Check out the rest of the "old schoolers":
AJ - BklynQueen’86 - Bria - CC Groovy - Chocl8t - Cooper - Shawn - Danielle Vyas - Dee - DP - Fresh and Fab - Hagar’s DaughtersInvisible Woman - John - Keith -Kevin - Kim - LaKeisha - LaShonda - Lil Creole Pimp - Lisa C - Mahogany - Malcolm - Marcus - MarvalusOne - Mike - Mrs. Grapevine - MsLadyDeborah - Pjazzypar - Pop Art Diva - Quick - Regina - Revvy Rev - Shae-Shae - Sharon - Staci - Tha Connoisseur - Thembi -Villager - Vivrant Thang - Zenobia

Obliged to you for hearing me,
and now old SjP ain't got nothin' more to say...
~~~ ~~~ ~~~
Black News Junkie ~ ~ Technorati ~ ~ Del.iciou.us ~ ~ Digg This! ~ ~ StumbleUpon ~ ~ Twitter ~ ~ My Good Towels ~ ~ FeedBlitz ~ ~ Email SjP

Sphere: Related Content

This entry was posted at Friday, February 27, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the .

7 sojourners hollin' back

Anonymous  

Hey Sojourner!

Girl you KNOW you can't never miss with Sly! It still upsets me how he flamed out like he did, virtually disappearing from view. I wish he could have kept it together 'cause the brother was so talented, and that group was the absolute bomb. But hey, we still got Larry Graham and Graham Central to take that groove a l'il higher!
Happy OSF!

February 27, 2009 at 12:02 PM

You and Rev are the bomb because ya'll know what I'm talking about! Sly and Larry Graham before we knew how significant he would be. Great choice! Oh yeah, I know I was tagged and I will get my authors up this weekend (wink).

February 27, 2009 at 12:57 PM

sis, you got it going on!! Sly was the man. A lot of people questioned his personal life, but as far as I am concerned, he was one of the most talented artist of his time

February 27, 2009 at 3:55 PM

You are really jammin' over at the SjP! Sly was off the planet! Exceptional choice of a soul/rock icon. Happy OSF.

February 27, 2009 at 8:56 PM
Anonymous  

Oooo weee - we gonna have a funkay good time! :)

Sly baby - ever so funky.

Happy OSF. :)

February 27, 2009 at 11:47 PM

I wonder how many people they schooled that day in that very 'bright' crowd with that number? I wonder if anyone who didn't know the group's songs got up and left? LOL

Nice choice, you are truly full of surprises. :-)

March 1, 2009 at 8:32 AM

You know they say the mind is the second thing to go...I forgot the first! Guess that's why I posted a jame for my sophomore year for 68-69. DUH! My sophomore year was 67-68. But, its all good cause Sly was kicking then, too!

Much obliged for stopping by and jamming to you all!

March 1, 2009 at 4:31 PM
Locations of visitors to this page
Visit SjP's Trophy Room for a Complete Tour

Best Posts

View blog authority

BlogBurst.com

RSSMicro FeedRank Results Page Rank Check My Zimbio Add to Technorati Favorites
Powered By Blogger

ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45 ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45