Sojourner's Place

and the oscar for best supporting actress goes to...  

Posted by SjP in ,



The 81st Annual Academy Awards will be held this Sunday. Who will win the Oscar? Who will loose or who will be robbed? This year, there are two African-American thespians among the nominees. In the Supporting Actress category, Viola Davis and Taraji P. Henson, are among a field of five vying to take home the coveted award.

I've not seen either movie for which they've been nominated, but judging from the trailers both seem like they are worth the money to go and see. I have no doubt that both are very worthy of the nomination - and hopefully one of them will win.


Here's a little African-American Oscar trivia for you. There have been 11 African-American actors to win an Academy Award. Can you name them? Be the first to name all 11 - and you'll be the winner of something very special.




Obliged to you for hearing me,
and now old SjP ain't got nothin' more to say...
~~~ ~~~ ~~~
Technorati ~ ~ Del.iciou.us ~ ~ Digg This! ~ ~ StumbleUpon ~ ~ Twitter ~ ~ My Good Towels ~ ~ FeedBlitz ~ ~ Email SjP



Join the International Campaign to
Fight Against these Effigies of Racial Hatred!

Sphere: Related Content

This entry was posted at Saturday, February 21, 2009 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the .

5 sojourners hollin' back

Oh I got this one...

Hattie McDaniel
Sidney Poitier
Louis Gossett, Jr.
Denzel Washington
Whoopi Goldberg
Halle Berry
Jamie Foxx
Forrest Whitaker
Cuba Gooding, Jr.
Morgan Freeman...and

JENNIFER HUDSON!!!

I watch the Oscars faithfull...and I didn't cheat! LOL!

February 22, 2009 at 1:56 AM

Can I add that Prince, Stevie Wonder, Isaac Hayes, and Lionel Richie have all won Oscars for their musical brilliance?

I think there are others, but I don't remember them all...I think Irene Cara is in there for Fame...

February 22, 2009 at 1:58 AM

@ Marva, On the music tip you forgot Quincy...and how could you forget the best one of all - Three Six Mafia! LOL!!!!

February 22, 2009 at 11:33 AM
Anonymous  

Hey Sojourner!

I actually saw both movies and they were both great. Although Viola's role wasn't quite as long as Taraji's, I'd say she edges Taraji out, but that's just my opinion.

February 23, 2009 at 5:23 PM

@ Keith, that's what I've heard. Wish one of them would have won. But, I guess being nominated is the "honor".

February 26, 2009 at 11:51 PM
Locations of visitors to this page
Visit SjP's Trophy Room for a Complete Tour

Best Posts

View blog authority

BlogBurst.com

RSSMicro FeedRank Results Page Rank Check My Zimbio Add to Technorati Favorites
Powered By Blogger

ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45 ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45