Sojourner's Place

old school friday...bad day at work  

Posted by SjP in

Oh Yeah! It's FRIDAY!!! And that means it's time for some old school jamming and par-taying in the blogosphere! This week's theme is "I Had a Bad Day at Work". What an appropriate theme to end this week on My Side of he Plantation cause it has been hell! So, this OSF selection is a reflection of my entire week...to be honest, its a reflection of the last couple of years.

Now, it is fitting that I post this cut for my OSF pic because it's been going bouncing around my head all week and is just perfect for this week's theme. In fact there are certainly days when I want to turn it up full blast, jump up on my desk, and scream the lyrics at the top of my lungs. But, considering my office is right next door to legal counsel I don't think that would be a good idea. But just thinking about it makes me feel so much better.


Ya'll Gone Make Me Loose My Mind (Clean Version)

Whew!!! I feel so much better! Try it! You might feel better, too!

Mrs. Grapevine and Ms. Marvalus are the creators of this bloggie meme. Click here for more info and join the fun.

Check out the rest of the "old schoolers":AJ - BklynQueen’86 - Bria - CC Groovy - Chocl8t - Cooper - Shawn - Danielle Vyas - Dee - DP - Fresh and Fab - Hagar’s DaughtersInvisible Woman - John - Keith -Kevin - Kim - LaKeisha - LaShonda - Lil Creole Pimp - Lisa C - Mahogany - Malcolm - Marcus - MarvalusOne - Mike - Mrs. Grapevine - MsLadyDeborah - Pjazzypar - Pop Art Diva - Quick - Regina - Revvy Rev - Shae-Shae - Sharon - Staci - Tha Connoisseur - Thembi -Villager - Vivrant Thang - Zenobia

Obliged to you for hearing me,
and now old SjP ain't got nothin' more to say...
~~~ ~~~ ~~~
Black News Junkie ~ ~ Technorati ~ ~ Del.iciou.us ~ ~ Digg This! ~ ~ StumbleUpon ~ ~ Twitter ~ ~ My Good Towels ~ ~ FeedBlitz ~ ~ Email SjP

Sphere: Related Content

This entry was posted at Friday, March 27, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the .

10 sojourners hollin' back

There have been many a day when I've sang, "Y'all DONE made me lose me mind up in here!" - LOL

Happy OSF.

March 27, 2009 at 2:01 AM

This song always makes me think of a friend who used to play it at her job on her headset all the time. I wasn't working with her, she would call and tell me that she loved the song and why she had to play it everyday. Sometimes she would sing it and forget she was at work and her co-workers would yell at her to shut up! And other times they'd put it on blast and everybody would sing along. :-) Yeah, it was a loose office. Good choice for this theme. Happy OSF!

March 27, 2009 at 4:47 AM
Anonymous  

LOL! This was one of the first songs that popped in my head, too. I can even get the gravelly voice down when I sing it after a bad day at work!

March 27, 2009 at 11:44 AM

Perfect...just perfect!

There have been times when I've tuned this song on my mp3 player in the car after work and turned it on full blast...and it works wonders!

Excellent! Happy OSF!

March 27, 2009 at 11:53 AM

Love the DMX!!!
DMX made you want to start a riot!!!

March 27, 2009 at 12:20 PM

PLEASE, please don't make me act no fool up in here, up in here. God knows I've been there. Come on SJP, just take it easy, go home, and let it go. That's what they told me to do.

March 27, 2009 at 5:45 PM

I'm laughing over her. I skipped the hardcore rap, and you decided to go there. Yes, that songs explains how I feel.

March 27, 2009 at 8:36 PM
Anonymous  

I am getting a visual, and I am a very visual person...LOL

That song will just about cover it!

March 28, 2009 at 12:51 AM

@ Everyone, And I thought I was the only one who felt this way. May Best Half has renamed this cut to the Working While Black National Anthem.

@ HG, I hear you! I think I lost it yesterday for sure.

@ Post, I been singing it quite a bit lately. Along with "Don't Bring Me No Bad News" from the Wiz.

@ Rev, I'm trying! I'm trying! Put me on your prayer list...please. LOL...seriously, though...

March 28, 2009 at 1:49 PM

My boss was talking about this song on Friday. That's how bad things were in the office. We were all on edge. Thank God for weekends! ;-)

March 29, 2009 at 10:48 AM
Locations of visitors to this page
Visit SjP's Trophy Room for a Complete Tour

Best Posts

View blog authority

BlogBurst.com

RSSMicro FeedRank Results Page Rank Check My Zimbio Add to Technorati Favorites
Powered By Blogger

ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45 ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45