Sojourner's Place

old school friday...songs with "heart"  

Posted by SjP in

Oh Yeah! It's FRIDAY!!! And that means it's time for some old school jamming and par-taying in the blogosphere! This week's theme is "Songs With “Heart” ". I'm really hyped about this week's theme even though I had to think about for a minute. Then it came to me! A favorite jam of my Best Half by one of my all-time favorite old school groups.

You all know this song as it was a big hit from the movie The Five Heartbeats. The movie is loosely based on the lives of classic male soul groups including The Dells who served as consultants for the film. They also recorded this song which was their most successful hit of the 1990s. Figured it out yet?

A Heart is a House for Love sung by the Dells!

From DerrickB502222 on Youtube

Mrs. Grapevine and Ms. Marvalus are the creators of this bloggie meme. Click here for more info and join the fun.

Check out the rest of the "old schoolers":
AJ - BklynQueen’86 - Bria - CC Groovy - Chocl8t - Cooper - Shawn - Danielle Vyas - Dee - DP - Fresh and Fab - Hagar’s DaughtersInvisible Woman - John - Keith -Kevin - Kim - LaKeisha - LaShonda - Lil Creole Pimp - Lisa C - Mahogany - Malcolm - Marcus - MarvalusOne - Mike - Mrs. Grapevine - MsLadyDeborah - Pjazzypar - Pop Art Diva - Quick - Regina - Revvy Rev - Shae-Shae - Sharon - Staci - Tha Connoisseur - Thembi -Villager - Vivrant Thang - Zenobia

Obliged to you for hearing me,
and now old SjP ain't got nothin' more to say...
~~~ ~~~ ~~~
Technorati ~ ~ Del.iciou.us ~ ~ Digg This! ~ ~ StumbleUpon ~ ~ Twitter ~ ~ My Good Towels ~ ~ FeedBlitz ~ ~ Email SjP

Sphere: Related Content

This entry was posted at Friday, March 06, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the .

13 sojourners hollin' back

Happy OSF to you!

Great choice SjP! This song brings back memories!

But that is a story for another time...:-)

March 6, 2009 at 1:54 AM

So you went with the Dells! Awesome choice :-) Happy OSF!

March 6, 2009 at 2:09 AM

Nice choice from one of my favorite movies of all time. I also have it in my runner up category. Great to see it posted!

March 6, 2009 at 2:27 AM

Happy OSF - great pick.

March 6, 2009 at 3:39 AM

I applaud your choice. If you pop by my spot you'll see why. :-D

Happy OSF!

March 6, 2009 at 4:34 AM

Good one!

March 6, 2009 at 7:38 AM

The Dells, ONE of my all-time faves. I love the music of that era. I had forgotten that they did the music for the movie. Great choice as usual.

March 6, 2009 at 8:49 AM

Great pick! I'm getting my jam on this morning. :)

March 6, 2009 at 10:27 AM

Great choice and I knew a few people would post it! That is certainly a classic!!

March 6, 2009 at 3:19 PM
Anonymous  

Hey Sojourner!

This wasn't an easy assignment, so hat's off to you for a great choice! I'd forgotten all about that tune..

March 6, 2009 at 4:09 PM

Very nice choice...I see this song is popular today!

March 6, 2009 at 5:18 PM
Anonymous  

Nice! I was saying the other day that it is time to dig out the movie for nostalgia's sake. :)

Happy OSF!

March 6, 2009 at 11:28 PM

* a week later*

I came over to the stie since I just reread Aint I A Woman for the first time in a long time and so many things on this site began making more sense. Then I noticed this and had to pause. I grew up on this movie. Such a great song but I cant help but laugh thinking about Leon and Robert Townsend.

I miss when the networks showed random movies all day saturday.

March 12, 2009 at 9:02 PM
Locations of visitors to this page
Visit SjP's Trophy Room for a Complete Tour

Best Posts

View blog authority

BlogBurst.com

RSSMicro FeedRank Results Page Rank Check My Zimbio Add to Technorati Favorites
Powered By Blogger

ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45 ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45