Sojourner's Place

will the real rnc leader please stand up  

Posted by SjP in

I watched Michael Steele on D.L.'s show the other night (by the way seems to be getting a little better). I listened to him talk about how being a Republican allowed him to be all he could be without strings or stigma. He talked about just needing an opportunity to get the Republican message out to "us" so that "we" could make a more informed decision about what the party has to offer and how "we" could all benefit under "republican" rule. And of course, he denounce Rush Limbaugh as anything other than a conservative entertainer with a mike. So, maybe I'll at least listen to what you have to say.

But, OH! SNAP! Not 24 hours later, what is Steele doing? He's apologizing. Say What? Excuse Me! Apologizing for speaking the truth? Apologizing for trying show the rest of America that to be a conservative - a Republican - doesn't mean that you're insensitive and divisive. Well, it is pretty clear that Steele is quite delusional. It is also pretty clear, that Rush Limbaugh (aka the Pill-poppin' DopeBoy) is actually the head of the RNC and the conservative movement. The fact that Steele is not the only political figure who has apologized to the PPDB in recent weeks makes that fact absolutely and positively true.

Will the real leader of the RNC please stand up? It is certainly not Michael Steele, who just as many of us suspected, is no more than a figure-head of the Republican Party. As long as he's talking about hip-hop, midgets, and Obama - its all good. But the minute he rightfully criticizes the radio antics of Rush Limbaugh he had to gravel with his tail between his legs and apologize.

Michael Steele, let me tell you something. I'm a real old school sister who prefers Frankie Beverly over Little Wayne and I'm a hell of a lot taller than Nate Robinson. And is quite clear to me that you have neither the wherewith all nor the kahonas to stand up to the real leaders of your party and therefore you will continue to be used by them as the "token negro". You and your party are just pitiful...pitiful!

Obliged to you for hearing me,
and now old SjPain't got nothin' more to say...
~~~ ~~~ ~~~
Black News Junkie ~ ~ Technorati ~ ~ Del.iciou.us ~ ~ Digg This! ~ ~ StumbleUpon ~ ~ Twitter ~ ~ My Good Towels ~ ~ FeedBlitz ~ ~ Email SjP

Sphere: Related Content

This entry was posted at Wednesday, March 04, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the .

11 sojourners hollin' back

Looks like Steele thought they really wanted him to LEAD....poor thing.

March 4, 2009 at 9:14 AM
Anonymous  

AMEN!!

March 4, 2009 at 12:18 PM
Anonymous  

Well, at least Steele never has to worry about back pain...because he has no spine! Geez. I almost thought he was standing up for something. Guess I was wrong. Only took him 24 hours to show his true colors.

Yuck.

March 4, 2009 at 2:18 PM

LMBAO!

It took him 51 minutes after getting lit up to apologize. He got that political booty spanked by Rush.

I thought that we were about to witness a for real toe-toe showdown.

But in the end, Michael got punked!

March 4, 2009 at 5:07 PM

I'm not sure what Steele believes.

He thinks that some hip-hop summit (and with disrespect for Chuck D) is the way to reach Blacks.

Poor man.

March 4, 2009 at 11:48 PM
Anonymous  

Sometimes we have to take what appears to be a step backwards in order to move ahead over the long haul. I'm going to keep hope alive that Steele has a plan. Apologize today --- fix the crap tomorrow.

March 5, 2009 at 9:20 PM

@ AJ, Yeah, I don't think he got the memo.

@ Tabitha, and Amen!

@ BOC, So much for the rainbow.

@ MLD, got punked big time! I'm so disgusted with him. I was truly hoping for more.

@ UBJohn, I don't think Rush would give Steele permission to have a hip-hop summit. But, it would be a joy to watch on C-Span. I think Sean Hannity should moderate! LOL

@ StraightTalk, pretty clear to me that it really doesn't matter if Steele has a plan or not. The RNC will never let him implement it. The fact that he apologized to a talk show host/entertainer for saying that he was a talk show host/entertainer is proof of that.

March 5, 2009 at 9:59 PM

The question I want to know is will he last until 2012.

March 6, 2009 at 1:32 AM

@ Citizen, the way things are going for him right now, I'm not sure he's going to last till Sunday let alone 2012!

March 6, 2009 at 2:18 AM

I think Steele is a joke and at one point I was shocked by how much leeway the Republicans were giving him. But then I realized they are giving him enough rope to hang himself with...

March 6, 2009 at 3:50 PM

@ Regina, I think you are exactly right! He did just what they expected him to do - hang himself.

March 6, 2009 at 4:44 PM
Locations of visitors to this page
Visit SjP's Trophy Room for a Complete Tour

Best Posts

View blog authority

BlogBurst.com

RSSMicro FeedRank Results Page Rank Check My Zimbio Add to Technorati Favorites
Powered By Blogger

ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45 ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45