Sojourner's Place

sunday inspirations...take the wheel  

Posted by SjP in

First and foremost, Happy Easter to you all. May the Lord bless and keep you this day as we honor, revere, and worship the Risen King!

Saturday I was able to get the two young-SjPs to engage in some real house-cleaning almost to my liking. Why they don't see the same dust I do is beyond me - but after a couple of finger-tests they got it right.

Anyway, you can't clean without music and the oldest young SjP had the box blaring. A great mixture of songs that even I enjoyed. A little Jennifer, Beyonce', and even a little of some groups I couldn't even begin to name. Then came the 'country'! Oh Lawd have mercy! Not Country!

I have to admit that I liked the song very much. I'd heard it before - but it took on a whole new meaning for me as I continue my challenge of "keeping a guard over my mouth". So, on this Easter Sunday Inspirations, I'm simply asking the Savior to "Take the Wheel".

Sunday Inspirations, is the meme created in honor of my Mother for Mother's Day 2008 and is just one way to help get us through the week ahead, the trials we may face, and yes, to say Thank Ya and testify! I hope that you participate and share with us your Sunday Inspirations. Your weekly contribution may very well be the inspiration that someone else may need and has been looking for.

Obliged to you for hearing me,
and now old SjP ain't got nothin' more to say...
~~~ ~~~ ~~~
Black News Junkie ~ ~ Technorati ~ ~ Del.iciou.us ~ ~ Digg This! ~ ~ StumbleUpon ~ ~ Twitter ~ ~ My Good Towels ~ ~ FeedBlitz ~ ~ Email SjP

Sphere: Related Content

This entry was posted at Sunday, April 12, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the .

3 sojourners hollin' back

Have a blessed Easter Day SjP!

This is a nice song! I have a friend who had a similiar experience on her way down to Texas. So if anyone thinks that Jesus is not there with them-they really should consider what to do.

btw, not the white glove test! LOL!
That is truly old school!

April 12, 2009 at 6:19 AM
Anonymous  

I actually have Carrie Underwood's "Jesus Take The Wheel" as cellphone ringtone attached to family members --- help me to call on the Lord before I even pick up.

April 12, 2009 at 3:20 PM

Happy Easter SjP!!! Your unique blend of inspiration, humor and big opinions always makes my day!

By the way, I'm pretty sure its a genetic thing about the dust - kids just can't see until those genes get fully developed about the time they have their own home to care for - and the men...most just never get the dust genes at all!

Laura

April 14, 2009 at 11:54 AM
Locations of visitors to this page
Visit SjP's Trophy Room for a Complete Tour

Best Posts

View blog authority

BlogBurst.com

RSSMicro FeedRank Results Page Rank Check My Zimbio Add to Technorati Favorites
Powered By Blogger

ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45 ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45