Sojourner's Place

hoping breezes take me away in september  

Posted by SjP in

Yesterday, I spent time with relatives as we celebrated the 81st birthday of my family’s matriarch. It was a wonderful day of feasting, reminiscing, and even the occasional embellishment of events gone by. A great time was had by all. Whenever we all get together, I always enjoy hearing my cousins’ recount of one of the “second honeymoon trips” they’ve enjoyed during their 40+ year marriage. And I’m always telling my Best Half – who likes to stay very close to home - that we have to “get away” one day before we’re too old to enjoy it and forget what we’re suppose to do.

The young-SjPs are old enough now and there is really nothing that keeps us from re-energizing the fire other than concern about the spending that kind of money in this economy. But, after checking out one of my many fantasy resort sites, I’m thinking that the bad economy is just another excuse we’ve both used over the years. So, I’m thinking that maybe we should just take the plunge and go! But where?

Since I’ve always wanted to go to the Bahamas, I checked out this site with the caption “Super Clubs and Breezes Knows What a Girl Wants”. Must admit that I was a tad hesitant, because it sounded like my name might need to be Stella and just didn’t think the Best Half would like that too much. Anyway, what I found at Breezes.com was a listing of their all inclusive beach resorts . As I sojourned around the site, I was relieved to see that there offerings were perfect for an old married couple like me and the Best Half.

In addition to a wonderful array of all inclusive vacation packages , including the Bahamas, I was pleasantly surprised to learn that we fly to Nassau and enjoy each other for 3 nights for just under $1200. For all inclusive resort vacation , we’ll get all of our meals and snacks, unlimited drinks, premium liquor, wine and champagne, activities, entertainment, land and water sports. I know! Sounds too good to believe so I called them to make sure that I wasn’t misreading something or if that was a per person quote.

So, okay, here’s the catch. I’d have to book it before the end of the month and pay the deposit in order to get the $1200 deal for the two of us because they are running a sale. D*mn! Didn’t want to hear that! But! Get this! The representative told me – in his authentic Bahamian accent – that when the sale ends it would cost me about $250 more. You mean the Best Half and I could celebrate #22 (September) in Nassau for less than $1500.00! Well all I can say is that Super Clubs and Breezes Knows What a Girl Wants!

Now all I got to do is to convince my Best Half, whose gotten really boring in his old age, that it’s time to go to Funky Nassau!

Obliged to you for hearing me,
and now old SjP ain't got nothin' more to say...
~~~ ~~~ ~~~
Black News Junkie ~ ~ Technorati ~ ~ Del.iciou.us ~ ~ Digg This! ~ ~ StumbleUpon ~ ~ Twitter ~ ~ My Good Towels ~ ~ FeedBlitz ~ ~ Email SjP

Sphere: Related Content

This entry was posted at Sunday, April 26, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the .

6 sojourners hollin' back

SjP,

The Bahamas is a tranquil and idyllic place to vacation. The waters are emerald green and all-inclusive resorts provide you with food, beverages and lodging. They also offer tours and adventure outings (at an extra cost).

Don't forget you'll need passports to enter and leave (US and the Bahamas).

Three days is long enough to give you and your spouse time to get away and enjoy one another.

I'm sure you'll have a great time.

Check out Trip Advisor and Last Minute for helpful information and travel packages for the Bahamas.

U

April 26, 2009 at 8:07 PM

Much obliged U for the info. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this is a dream that comes true for me and my Best Half. I'll definetely check out the sites you recommend.

April 26, 2009 at 10:28 PM

Anywhere! Doesn't have to be fancy. Doesn't have to be far, Just do it. I am in the same boat and can really relate to your better half. But I think that it will do you really good. I did a cruise about 5 years ago, wouldn't want to do another but it's good to get away if for no other reason than to keep your sanity.

April 26, 2009 at 10:40 PM

Wherever you guys decide to go, just decide to go and then do it. Vacationing is very important even if you decide to do a stay-cation that's close to home, but getting away from your house is important.

Hubby and I are taking the train from LA to Seattle and staying a couple days in British Columbia.

Hope you guys will have fun.

April 27, 2009 at 3:46 AM

Time away is very important. It wasn't a month after our cruise in December that GF and I booked a Trip to Italy for October. And let me say-we ain't rich!

April 27, 2009 at 3:44 PM

sounds like fun! I hear that the food on cruises is always amazing too!

April 27, 2009 at 8:14 PM
Locations of visitors to this page
Visit SjP's Trophy Room for a Complete Tour

Best Posts

View blog authority

BlogBurst.com

RSSMicro FeedRank Results Page Rank Check My Zimbio Add to Technorati Favorites
Powered By Blogger

ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45 ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45