Sojourner's Place

now i know how arnold feels  

Posted by SjP in

The other day I decided to get my car washed and waxed. Before going home, I made a quick stop at the convenient store and got a little tickled with the 40-something man in the car next to me admiring the newly washed and waxed black on black muscle car. He was trying to be cool - but I knew he was looking.

As I walked into the store there was a 50-something man walking out who said the obligatory hello - cause that's what African-American men do when they see an African-American woman. Anyway, I get my stuff and go back to the car. I get real tickled as both the 40 and 50-something men are gawking at the car so much so that the 40-something man rolls his window down to say "nice car". The 50-something then gives me a "thumbs up". I simply laugh and put the key in the ignition.

Then it hits me! They were looking, gawking, fantasizing, and drooling at the mouth about the car! Not me! But the car. Damn! There was a time when they would have been looking at me with such wishful eyes. Upstaged by a car. All I can do is shake my head and yes even laugh out loud as I thought about this video I saw a few months ago.



Obliged to you for hearing me,
and now old SjP ain't got nothin' more to say...
~~~ ~~~ ~~~
Black News Junkie ~ ~ Technorati ~ ~ Del.iciou.us ~ ~ Digg This! ~ ~ StumbleUpon ~ ~ Twitter ~ ~ My Good Towels ~ ~ FeedBlitz ~ ~ Email SjP

Sphere: Related Content

This entry was posted at Monday, May 04, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the .

7 sojourners hollin' back

I think it's funny when men flirt with cars. A few years ago the husband had a camero with a beautiful paint job. Whenever I would drive it men would flirt with that car all the time.

I was involved in a hit and run accident (just a fender bender) and when I drove it to the police station, the officer rubbed and caressed the dent. The officer told me that hubby was going to cry - and he was right LOL.

That must be some car you have there, SjP.

May 4, 2009 at 1:35 AM

that was beautiful, girl. sat here and laughed thru out. can see why now the incident seened so amusing. loved the post.

May 4, 2009 at 1:38 AM

@ HG,

Girlfriend I'm feeling you on that one. My Best Half had a Porshe (the one on a VW frame) which caught on fire while I was driving it. Needless to say that it was totaled - but he had to go to the salvage yard to make sure. Girl, you would have thought he was at a wake! Had to turn my back while the tears rolled down my checks from laughing so hard.

The car...well its ahhright even though the maker just file for bankruptcy - so what does that tell you! LOL!

@ Griper,

Glad you liked it!

May 4, 2009 at 2:02 AM

Good morning SjP,

I was just talking last week with a friend about cars. When I was younger man, cars (I admit) excited me. But they just don't do it anymore.

Perhaps it's because I have a car that I'm happy with. My car is not tempermental, just a car.

I've managed to avoid going into cardiac arrest if I haven't performed the car wash/wax ritual.

You might think that you were topped by a car SjP but I seriously doubt those men would've given that car a second glance were it not for the driver.

That was a funny little tune.

U

May 4, 2009 at 8:15 AM

This made me laugh out loud!

That must be some kinda car, Ms. SjP!

May 4, 2009 at 9:21 AM

@ The U

"but I seriously doubt those men would've given that car a second glance were it not for the driver."

Yeah! Right! lol

@ Marva,

Like I said, its ahhright - but it ain't all that if you ask me. I just hope I'll be able to find parts now that its maker has filed for bankruptcy...

May 4, 2009 at 1:04 PM

Bike man myself, but since I got older I now have an appreciation for a good sports car.

May 5, 2009 at 3:55 AM
Locations of visitors to this page
Visit SjP's Trophy Room for a Complete Tour

Best Posts

View blog authority

BlogBurst.com

RSSMicro FeedRank Results Page Rank Check My Zimbio Add to Technorati Favorites
Powered By Blogger

ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45 ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45