Sojourner's Place

much obliged: splash award  

Posted by SjP in ,

Much obliged to Villager of Electronic Village who recently passed on the Splash Award to Sojourner's Place. This award given to alluring, amusing, bewitching, impressive and inspiring blogs.He says of this spot in bestowing the award that Sojourner's Place - SjP created one of the most alluring blogs in the afrosphere. I love the look, feel and content of her blog. Given yesterday's post, you know I'm really liking that "alluring" description. lol

In passing on the Splash Award, I am to select up to 9 blogs I find alluring, amusing, bewitching, impressive, and inspring to me. The rest of the rules are:

1. Put the logo on your blog post.
2. Nominate up to 9 blogs which allure, amuse, bewitch, impress or inspire you.
3. Be sure to link to your nominees within your post.
4. Let them know that they have been splashed by commenting on their blog.
5. Remember to link to the person from whom your received your Splash award.

My selections for each of the categories are:

Alluring:

The 'D' Spot: I always look forward to OSF and sojourning over to Keith's. You know he's always going to be thinking outside the box with an OS jam that just makes you say "yep! that's the one!"


Amusing:

Aunt Jamima's Revenge: I love the quick wit of Professor Tracy over at Aunt Jamima's Revenge. But, don't understand me, while Professor Tracy manages to to weave wit and musings into many of her posts - the issues she writes about are no laughing matter. Just like the name of her spot, which I think tells it all.

The Happy Go Lucky Bachelor: Now what can I say about Mike? There is never a dull moment at his pad. More times than not, I wonder just where he finds some of the things he posts. Like he says in his header, you got to have a sense of humor cause if you don't you'll miss the message. Glad you're back, Mike!

Bewitching:

Ugly Black John: When I'm about to sojourn over to John's, I have to make sure that I have my mind open and ready for a real lesson. He has a way of turning an issue or event on its head and then inside out. Be ready to be completely captivated when you enter this Brother's spot who describes himself as "really not ugly...not good looking either...I just look like I'm good looking".

Impressive:

African American Opinion: AAPP aka LN Rock created this political and social networking ning for African-Americans. How he keeps up with with AAO and two other blogs, I'll never know. But, I am certainly impressed with this "old school brother who gives his thoughts, opinions and insights on political and social issues of the day".

Inspiring:

Anyway I Have To: His blog handle is The U, this brothers spot is simply inspiring. He writes from the very depths of his being and shares it with us. The U certainly does it and does it anyway he has to. I hope that one day he'll decide to share his writings in a book. I'd certainly be first in line to buy it.

Hagar's Daughters: "For women who find themselves at the well...praying, crying, dancing, & pondering (& the men who join them there)". Anyone not inspired by the title and description of HG's blog simply has no soul. This sister provides a source of inspiration to me to keep on PUSHing. No matter how bad things might seem, there is always something to be thankful for. I truly get inspiration from her strength.

My Brown-Eyed View: My sister Ms Lady Deborah has got to be the most active advocate in the entire sphere. From information on the evironment to genocide to human rights to injustice you will find it here at MBEV.

The Certain Sound: All I got to say is that if and when I ever get to Toledo, I'm going to make it a point to visit Revy Rev's church. I'm going to make sure I get there early so that I can have a seat on the aisle. I have no doubt that his posts and comments are mirror images of his sermons and that Sunday may be the very first time that old SjP here gets the spirit - holy dance and all.

I hope you will take the time to sojourn over to these alluring, bewitching, inspiring, and impressive blogs. And to the recipients, ya'll keep doing what you doing and I'll be forever MUCH OBLIGED!

Obliged to you for hearing me,
and now old SjP ain't got nothin' more to say...
~~~ ~~~ ~~~
Black News Junkie ~ ~ Technorati ~ ~ Del.iciou.us ~ ~ Digg This! ~ ~ StumbleUpon ~ ~ Twitter ~ ~ My Good Towels ~ ~ FeedBlitz ~ ~ Email SjP


Sphere: Related Content

This entry was posted at Tuesday, May 05, 2009 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the .

7 sojourners hollin' back

Thanks again.
It still amazes me that smart people like you read anything I write.
(The thing is, I've actually done some modeling - but I hate to have pictures taken of me. I'm surprised anyone noticed that little blurb up there.)

May 5, 2009 at 2:06 AM

It is nice to see this award provides us with a chance to recognize one another. Your selections are outstanding!

peace, Villager

May 5, 2009 at 3:06 AM

Thanks I am very flattered.

May 5, 2009 at 3:52 AM

Much obliged. I would consider it a privilege for you to grace our humble worship place with your presence. You can shout all over the place! And thanks for the award. I am honored. You have supported and helped me so much!

May 5, 2009 at 6:10 PM

Here.
You can have one back.
Really, there are only five or six bloggers that I respect.

May 10, 2009 at 1:08 AM

@ UB John,

Oh yeah! I noticed it! Says a lot. Now I want to see the pics of you modeling...

You humble me...

@ Villager,

Much obliged to you for the honor.

@ ClnMike,

Glad you're back

@ Revvy Rev,

:>)

May 10, 2009 at 3:52 PM

Okay SjP,

I haven't forgotten about this award or Life is Grand. They have got me working like a Missisissippi darky right now. But I do want to thank you for giving me this award.

It will be up and working on MBEV by Friday!

May 18, 2009 at 10:18 PM
Locations of visitors to this page
Visit SjP's Trophy Room for a Complete Tour

Best Posts

View blog authority

BlogBurst.com

RSSMicro FeedRank Results Page Rank Check My Zimbio Add to Technorati Favorites
Powered By Blogger

ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45 ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45