Sojourner's Place

old school friday...family reunion  

Posted by SjP in

Oh Yeah! It's FRIDAY!!! And that means it's time for some old school jamming and par-taying in the blogosphere! This week's theme is "Family Reunion".

My family has never really had a full-scale family reunion. But whenever there is a family gathering of any sort its just like a reunion - and its all good. So, I've selected three cuts this week that each remind me of a member of my family or a family gathering....and its all good!

Dysfunctional as we may be - that's what make us Family. And wouldn't trade 'em for nothing. Too much support...too much encouragement...too much love...and way too many good "reunion" memories.

So, ya'll sit back, listen, and enjoy some tunes from wwwwaaaayyyy bbbbaaaacccckkkk in the day that remind me of my Family!

Duke of Earl by Gene Chandler downloaded from reyesm13.


Gypsy Woman by The Impressions sung by Curtiis Mayfield downloaded from skeki57.

Letter Tears by Gladys Knight and the Pips downloaded from ioxxd90


Mrs Grapevine and Ms. Marvalus are the creators of this bloggie meme. Click here for more info and join the fun.

Check out the rest of the "old schoolers":AJ - BklynQueen’86 - Bria - CC Groovy - Chocl8t - Cooper - Shawn - Danielle Vyas - Dee - DP - Fresh and Fab - Hagar’s DaughtersInvisible Woman - John - Keith -Kevin - Kim - LaKeisha - LaShonda - Lil Creole Pimp - Lisa C - Mahogany - Malcolm - Marcus - MarvalusOne - Mike - Mrs Grapevine - MsLadyDeborah - Pjazzypar - Pop Art Diva - Quick - Regina - Revvy Rev - Shae-Shae - Sharon - Staci - Tha Connoisseur - Thembi -Villager - Vivrant Thang - Zenobia

Obliged to you for hearing me,
and now old SjP ain't got nothin' more to say...
~~~ ~~~ ~~~
Black News Junkie ~ ~ Technorati ~ ~ Del.iciou.us ~ ~ Digg This! ~ ~ StumbleUpon ~ ~ Twitter ~ ~ My Good Towels ~ ~ FeedBlitz ~ ~ Email SjP

Sphere: Related Content

This entry was posted at Friday, May 01, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the .

9 sojourners hollin' back

SjP,

You out did yourself this week. Three great choices from the school that brought it!

Happy OSF to you!

May 1, 2009 at 2:13 AM

Yes, indeed. I enjoyed every single song.

Happy OSF.

May 1, 2009 at 4:49 AM

great template and great choices! thanks for dropping ur ec's! I JUST learned what all of that means so I'll be returning the favor :)

May 1, 2009 at 6:55 AM

Yesss, you sure went waaaay back for these picks. LOL I don't even think these were 45s--admit it: you pulled out the 8-tracks, didn't you?

Happy OSF!

May 1, 2009 at 10:38 AM

Can I co-sign with Ms Lady? 'Cause this is definitely the bomb list.
Great job!

May 1, 2009 at 11:59 AM
Anonymous  

I SO forgot about "Duke of Earl," I haven't heard that one in a very long time!!

Have a great weekend!

May 1, 2009 at 9:31 PM

When did that Gladys Knight song come out? You got me again. Gypsy Woman and Duke of Earl I know and enjoyed back, back, back in the day though. Just goes to show, just can't keep up with SjP - you've got the bomb over here!

May 1, 2009 at 9:52 PM

Wow, wow, wow!!!

I left a little Frankie Beverly for you at my spot...lol...

Happy OSF!

May 1, 2009 at 11:49 PM

Much obliged to all for stopping by and jamming with me for a little family reunion SjP-style. These songs always make me smile and warm my heart as they always remind me of my family.

@ Twin,

Figured you'd get a kick out of these! LOL

@ HG,

So glad you liked them. They certainly are classics.

@ MzBria2U,

Much obliged for stopping by. Please don't be a stranger as the doors are always open at SjP's.

@ PPR_Scribe,

:>)...No these are all 45s. 8-tracks hadn't been invented yet when these came out. But, you know I got some 8-tracks tunes that need dusting off! lol

@ Keith,

Much obliged!

@ soulafrodisiac,

You know they say that the memory is the second thing to go when you getting old. The first? Sorry forgot...lol

@ Rev,

I think Letter Full of Tears is one of my all time favorite songs. Right up there for me with Chaka Khan's Tell Me Something Good. It was recorded in 62 and was their 2nd hit. Every Beat of My Heart was their first.

@ Marva,

Frankie!!!! I'm on my way!Cause I just love me some Frankie!

May 2, 2009 at 11:49 AM
Locations of visitors to this page
Visit SjP's Trophy Room for a Complete Tour

Best Posts

View blog authority

BlogBurst.com

RSSMicro FeedRank Results Page Rank Check My Zimbio Add to Technorati Favorites
Powered By Blogger

ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45 ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45