Sojourner's Place

old school friday...this is dedicated  

Posted by SjP in

Oh Yeah! It's FRIDAY!!! And that means it's time for some old school jamming and par-taying in the blogosphere! This week's theme is "This is Dedicated To".

Now, I'm sure there will be many a love song - and maybe even some not so love songs - posted today as folks remember or pay tribute to the past or current loves of their lives. I admit, that I too thought about doing so and asked my Best Half what I should post. Expecting to hear a suggestion from him that expressed his "obama-type" love for me, he instead went all philosophical on me. Oh well, remember I told ya'll a while ago that we needed to have that second honeymoon. lol



So, with that inspiration failing, I remembered that today is my AKAversary. During the many, many, many weeks of working to get My Pearls, there were two cuts that will be forever ingrained in my mind. Now most will consider these two cuts pure jams back in the day, but I know some women for whom these they bring back different type of memories. In the days before exercising to music became popular, we all learned that What's Going On by Marvin Gaye had a particular type of beat that lended itself quite nicely to a "duck-walk". And then, as the semester quickly passed away, it seemed that it was "Just My (our) Imagination" that we would ever cross those "burning sands".

But, alas we did! So this OSF post is dedicated to my Sorors who share this special date with me. Skee-wee & Pinkies Up!


Much obligedeke92 for the YouTube hook-up!



Much obliged cklbg for the YouTube hook-up!


Mrs Grapevine and Ms. Marvalus are the creators of this bloggie meme. Click here for more info and join the fun.

Check out the rest of the "old schoolers":AJ - BklynQueen’86 - Bria - CC Groovy - Chocl8t - Cooper - Shawn - Danielle Vyas - Dee - DP - Fresh and Fab - Hagar’s DaughtersInvisible Woman - John - Keith -Kevin - Kim - LaKeisha - LaShonda - Lil Creole Pimp - Lisa C - Mahogany - Malcolm - Marcus - MarvalusOne - Mike - Mrs Grapevine - MsLadyDeborah - Pjazzypar - Pop Art Diva - Quick - Regina - Revvy Rev - Shae-Shae - Sharon - Staci - Tha Connoisseur - Thembi -Villager - Vivrant Thang - Zenobia

Obliged to you for hearing me,
and now old SjP ain't got nothin' more to say...
~~~ ~~~ ~~~
Black News Junkie ~ ~ Technorati ~ ~ Del.iciou.us ~ ~ Digg This! ~ ~ StumbleUpon ~ ~ Twitter ~ ~ My Good Towels ~ ~ FeedBlitz ~ ~ Email SjP

Sphere: Related Content

This entry was posted at Friday, May 22, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the .

4 sojourners hollin' back

Go ahead SJP, You know I love me some Motown! Happy OSF!

May 22, 2009 at 9:00 AM
Anonymous  

Motown is running high up in here!

I saw Boyz II Men a couple of weeks ago and wow, the Motown sound - past and present - will always be ingrained in them.

Happy OSF!

May 22, 2009 at 9:14 PM

You know that Motown is all through my being. Both of those songs are classics that are indelibly sketched in my mind and that I grew up with. Great, Great choices.

May 23, 2009 at 12:32 PM

Can't go wrong with Marvin. Happy OSF.

May 23, 2009 at 12:40 PM
Locations of visitors to this page
Visit SjP's Trophy Room for a Complete Tour

Best Posts

View blog authority

BlogBurst.com

RSSMicro FeedRank Results Page Rank Check My Zimbio Add to Technorati Favorites
Powered By Blogger

ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45 ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45