Sojourner's Place

say what? sojourner's place a 2009 black web award nominee?  

Posted by SjP in , , ,

I'm about to pass out over her at SjP's. I went to Black TV Online so I could cast my vote for fellow AfroSpear blog "Black Women in Europe" a nominee for the Best European Blog. After doing so, I decided to browse thru the other categories and cast my vote for several I knew would be nominated. I get to the Best Online Commentator and I see Sojourner's Place. I say to myself "d*mn! somebody done gone and stole the name of my blog!"

With a neck snap and a head roll I click on the url to see just how long this Sojourner's Place had been open. Operating on the "wish factor" I'm wishing this blog started after Januray 1, 2008 and is on blogspot. So, I'm sitting here waiting for this chick's site to load and D*AMN! Not only did she take my name, but....WAIT! Oh S*IT OH MY! SAY WHAT?! YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING! ITS ME!

Sojourner's Place has been nominated for the 2009 Black Web Award for Best Online Commentator. Given the quality and depth of other nominees in this category, well, let me just say that it is an honor just to be nominated.

I urge you to go to the 2009 Black Web Awards site and cast your vote for your favorite blogs. You'll find many of them nominated and you can even "write-in" your favorites. In fact, your blog may be among them - so you'll want to be sure and check. Voting ends in October and you want vote early and often. Here are some that you won't want to over look:

Best Black Website Directory
Most Important Site for Black America
Best Online Commentator
Best Black European Site
Best Black Blog Directory
Best Blog
Best Blog – Africa
Best Blog – Culture
Best Blog – Education
Most Original Blog
Best Lifestyle Blog
Best Business & Political Blog
Best Christian Blog
Best Gossip Blog or site
Best Site for Black Athletes

Congratulations to all of the nominees. All are very deserving...perhaps, with the exception of one {smile}. But, much obliged to the individual who thought Sojourner's Place deserving of such a distinguished honor.

Speak the Truth!

Obliged to you for hearing me, and now old SjP ain't got nothing more to say.

Sphere: Related Content

This entry was posted at Thursday, July 24, 2008 and is filed under , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the .

10 sojourners hollin' back

Anonymous  

Congratulations.

I am heading over to vote now.

TZA

July 24, 2008 at 2:40 AM

TZA, you are too kind. Much obliged!

July 24, 2008 at 2:44 AM

Congrats to you my dear!!

July 24, 2008 at 4:07 PM

Regina - and to you, too!

July 24, 2008 at 4:16 PM

SjP,

Congratulations! I am going to vote right now.

July 24, 2008 at 11:05 PM
Anonymous  

MLD, much obliged! There are many deserving and outstanding blogs nominated this year.

July 24, 2008 at 11:15 PM

Hey, congratulations! You really deserve it!

July 25, 2008 at 7:59 AM

Congratulations SjP! I'm headed over to vote for you now too. No shock value here!

July 26, 2008 at 9:29 PM

Much obliged! If you have not already done so, please check out the other categories listed here in this post! I don't want to spoil the surprise for you - but there are a few regulars to SjP's that are also nominated. Congrats to you!

July 27, 2008 at 12:30 AM

Congrats!

I was also a bit surprised when I got nominated last year, just 5 or 6 months after starting my blog

I guess we never know who's watching.

July 28, 2008 at 11:09 AM
Locations of visitors to this page
Visit SjP's Trophy Room for a Complete Tour

Best Posts

View blog authority

BlogBurst.com

RSSMicro FeedRank Results Page Rank Check My Zimbio Add to Technorati Favorites
Powered By Blogger

ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45 ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45