Sojourner's Place

sunday inspirations...the great divide  

Posted by SjP in

Many of you may recall a boy group introduced to the pop-teen world about 10 years ago. Much like N-Sync, Backstreet Boys, and the like they were known for their dancing, all-American looks, and ability to be make young girls swoon. Today, Hanson is all grown up and using their fame and fortune to bring attention to the Take The Walk challenged designed to take action against the HIV/AIDS pandemic and poverty in Africa. I was inspired by their performance of their song The Great Divide yesterday on the CBS Morning Show.


I share with you today, the words and video of Hanson's The Great Divide. I hope that you too will be inspired and remember that we are not alone in this world and as such, must conquer the divide.

The Great Divide

The earth is shaking under siege
And every breath will meet its fate
Still we hunger for a moment of freedom
Even though the hour is late

I find hope and it gives me rest
I find hope in a beating chest
I find hope in what eyes don't see
I find hope in your hate for me

Have no fear when the waters rise
We can conquer this great divide
This great divide

When every eye is on the fortune
It can only breed contempt
They say blood is thicker than oceans
Still we box our brothers in

I find hope and it gives me rest
I find hope in a beating chest
I find hope in what eyes don't see
I find hope in your hate for me

Have no fear when the waters rise
We can conquer this great divide

And we're gone, and we're gone
And we're, holding on
And we're, holding on
And we're, holding on

I find hope and it gives me rest
I find hope in a beating chest
I find hope in what eyes don't see
I find hope in your hate for me

Have no fear, have no fear, have no fear,
Have no fear when the waters rise
We can conquer this great divide
This great divide



The Great Divide Video

***************************************************

Sunday Inspirations, is the meme created in honor of my Mother for Mother's Day 2008 and is just one way to help get us through the week ahead, the trials we may face, and yes, to say Thank Ya and testify! I hope that you participate and share with us your Sunday Inspirations. Your weekly contribution may very well be the inspiration that someone else may need and has been looking for.

The Rules:

1. Anyone can participate.
2 You may post a video, poem, religious verse, song, story, picture, ANYTHING that has given you inspiration and the motivation to go on. Just make sure not to offend anyone.
3. Add your name to the meme list so others can be inspired.
4. Be and get inspired and be sure to comment.





Speak the Truth!

Obliged to you for hearing me, and now old SjP ain't got nothing more to say.

Sphere: Related Content

This entry was posted at Sunday, September 07, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the .

1 sojourners hollin' back

Anonymous  

hi there - happy to participate for the first time! i, too have a song ... check it out!

September 7, 2008 at 11:57 PM
Locations of visitors to this page
Visit SjP's Trophy Room for a Complete Tour

Best Posts

View blog authority

BlogBurst.com

RSSMicro FeedRank Results Page Rank Check My Zimbio Add to Technorati Favorites
Powered By Blogger

ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45 ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45