Sojourner's Place

miles for the cause  

Posted by SjP in ,

They tell me that walking is a great way to help you get in shape and lose some of those unwanted pounds put on during the winter. And as my clothes begin to resemble sausage skin, it is pretty clear that I have a whole lot of extra pounds that I need taken off, and taken off quick. I can’t lie – by the time I get home from the plantation, exercising in the very last thing on my mind to do. But, I’ve got to do something and since I’ve just learned about how me walking might not only my life but also provide support for those in the final stages of breast cancer.

Here’s the deal, BeeWell Miles recently launched a campaign to help the Breast Cancer Network of Strength. The goal of the campaign which, began this year on April 1 and will run through October 31, 2009 is to raise fund to help the BCNS provide emotional support to those who can’t wait for tomorrow’s cure. Bumble Bee will donate $0.15/mile for every mile logged at BeeWellMiles.com (up to $200,000). Last year, BeeWeeMiles donated $150,000 to the Network.

That’s it! All you have to do is register, walk and log!

BTW…Did you get yours this year?

Post?slot_id=

Obliged to you for hearing me,
and now old SjP ain't got nothin' more to say...
~~~ ~~~ ~~~
Black News Junkie ~ ~ Technorati ~ ~ Del.iciou.us ~ ~ Digg This! ~ ~ StumbleUpon ~ ~ Twitter ~ ~ My Good Towels ~ ~ FeedBlitz ~ ~ Email SjP

Sphere: Related Content

This entry was posted at Saturday, April 25, 2009 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the .

0 sojourners hollin' back

Locations of visitors to this page
Visit SjP's Trophy Room for a Complete Tour

Best Posts

View blog authority

BlogBurst.com

RSSMicro FeedRank Results Page Rank Check My Zimbio Add to Technorati Favorites
Powered By Blogger

ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45 ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45