Sojourner's Place

old school friday...shoulda never been made  

Posted by SjP in

Oh Yeah! It's FRIDAY!!! And that means it's time for some old school jamming and par-taying in the blogosphere! This week's theme is "This Song Should Have Never Been Made".

For the last couple of weeks, I've been driving to the plantation listening to the one and only Jimi Hendricks on full blast. Jimi lived only a short 26 years but his music continues to live on. So, needless to say, that there is not one song of his that "should have never been made". But, there is one song - the Anthem of Nam - imo, that should have "never HAD to be made". That song is "Machine Gun".

Mrs Grapevine and Ms. Marvalus are the creators of this bloggie meme. Click here for more info and join the fun.

Check out the rest of the "old schoolers":AJ - BklynQueen’86 - Bria - CC Groovy - Chocl8t - Cooper - Shawn - Danielle Vyas - Dee - DP - Fresh and Fab - Hagar’s DaughtersInvisible Woman - John - Keith -Kevin - Kim - LaKeisha - LaShonda - Lil Creole Pimp - Lisa C - Mahogany - Malcolm - Marcus - MarvalusOne - Mike - Mrs Grapevine - MsLadyDeborah - Pjazzypar - Pop Art Diva - Quick - Regina - Revvy Rev - Shae-Shae - Sharon - Staci - Tha Connoisseur - Thembi -Villager - Vivrant Thang - Zenobia



Obliged to you for hearing me,
and now old SjP ain't got nothin' more to say...
~~~ ~~~ ~~~
Black News Junkie ~ ~ Technorati ~ ~ Del.iciou.us ~ ~ Digg This! ~ ~ StumbleUpon ~ ~ Twitter ~ ~ My Good Towels ~ ~ FeedBlitz ~ ~ Email SjP


Sphere: Related Content

This entry was posted at Friday, April 24, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the .

7 sojourners hollin' back

George M  

How should I go about following your Blog. I still haven't figured it out.

G

April 24, 2009 at 12:24 PM

There's some real pain in that song. He should never have had a reason to make it.

Nordette
aka NOLA Lit Examiner

April 24, 2009 at 5:07 PM

Great choice!

Aside from the fact that Hendrix has always been my musical hero and the sole reason why I picked up a guitar, I like your take on the theme. You're right, the pain in this song should never have been given the reason...

April 24, 2009 at 5:13 PM
Anonymous  

Very, very nice twist on the theme. What a brief and brilliant life.

Happy OSF!

April 24, 2009 at 7:23 PM

How I love how you looked at this theme...and this song is PERFECTION in how it showcases all the pain...

You are my shero!

April 24, 2009 at 9:25 PM

Well said SjP, well said; there should never have been a reason to create this song.

April 25, 2009 at 12:30 AM

@ George,

Good to see you my good friend. You should be able to click the "follow" button. If that doesn't work, you may need to subscribe to my feed. Let me know.

@ VP,

Yes, every time I hear this song it sends a pain right threw my heart. Had way too many relatives and friends who went to Nam...brings back bad memories.

@ Keith,

Kinda figured you'd like this one. I know you're a Jimi fan, too!

@ PDR,

He certainly made a huge impact on so many. Brilliant is right!

@ Ms Marva,

Always amazed me how he was able to get that guitar to sound just like a machine gun. Haunting...

You making me blush

@ HG,

I hear you!

Hoping and praying that all is well with you.

April 25, 2009 at 1:03 PM
Locations of visitors to this page
Visit SjP's Trophy Room for a Complete Tour

Best Posts

View blog authority

BlogBurst.com

RSSMicro FeedRank Results Page Rank Check My Zimbio Add to Technorati Favorites
Powered By Blogger

ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45 ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45