Sojourner's Place

old school friday...greatest of all  

Posted by SjP in

Oh Yeah! It's FRIDAY!!! And that means it's time for some old school jamming and par-taying in the blogosphere! This week's theme is "The Greatest One of All".

I know ya'll swooped by here just knowing that you'd hear some Frankie Beverly and Maze - a ya'll got to know that I was definetely tempted. But, I decided to to another route this week. In keeping with ol' SjP fashion though, I still went old school on you - but, not too far back.

Now, I admit it. I'm a David Ruffin Temptation fan. Never cared too much about Dennis - but, I do love this here cut. Just love the violins. So I vote for this one as the Greatest of All Temptations' cut with Dennis Edwards.

Got a question for you. When "he left" did he leave them a l-o-n-e or a l-o-a-n? LOL! That's gonna mess you up all day...right?



Much obliged igelche for the YouTube hook-up!

Mrs Grapevine and Ms. Marvalus are the creators of this bloggie meme. Click here for more info and join the fun.

Check out the rest of the "old schoolers":AJ - BklynQueen’86 - Bria - CC Groovy - Chocl8t - Cooper - Shawn - Danielle Vyas - Dee - DP - Fresh and Fab - Hagar’s DaughtersInvisible Woman - John - Keith -Kevin - Kim - LaKeisha - LaShonda - Lil Creole Pimp - Lisa C - Mahogany - Malcolm - Marcus - MarvalusOne - Mike - Mrs Grapevine - MsLadyDeborah - Pjazzypar - Pop Art Diva - Quick - Regina - Revvy Rev - Shae-Shae - Sharon - Staci - Tha Connoisseur - Thembi -Villager - Vivrant Thang - Zenobia

Obliged to you for hearing me,
and now old SjP ain't got nothin' more to say...
~~~ ~~~ ~~~
Black News Junkie ~ ~ Technorati ~ ~ Del.iciou.us ~ ~ Digg This! ~ ~ StumbleUpon ~ ~ Twitter ~ ~ My Good Towels ~ ~ FeedBlitz ~ ~ Email SjP

Sphere: Related Content

This entry was posted at Friday, May 15, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the .

9 sojourners hollin' back

SjP,

This definitely is one of the Tempting T's great hits. And your last line about the song indicates to your on line twin that a vacation is due on your end! :-)

It went over my head for a moment, which indicates I may need to take a serious vacation too!:-)

A great choice for OSF!
Have a great weekend!

May 15, 2009 at 1:22 AM

ROFL. He left them a loan and alone. :-)

Papa Was a Rolling Stone is a surefire classic. Happy OSF!

May 15, 2009 at 3:52 AM

Hey SJP, You got a winner here! The first supergroup and arguably the best group of all time in its prime. Happy OSF.

May 15, 2009 at 10:50 AM

Ahhh, the old "a loan" vs "alone" debate! Truly one of the greatest musical controversies of all time. LOL I have to agree about the the Ruffin Temps era. My fav Temptation alum was Eddie Kendricks.

Anyway--Thanks for this pick. And happy OSF!

May 15, 2009 at 12:43 PM

OK. You went with the Temptations of the mid to late 1970s. This definitely was a classic although I loved the 60s Temps much better. The Way You do the things you do, my girl, ain't too proud to beg, etc. But every week you keep one step ahead of me, as I had you pegged for Frankie B. and Maze. Got me again!

May 15, 2009 at 3:03 PM

nice and good blog....and ur articles is good, im glad to read it

May 15, 2009 at 5:24 PM

I see you went for that CLASSIC gold! I hear ya, Sojourner. I hear ya. That is definitely one of the greats, no doubt about it.

Happy OSF!

May 16, 2009 at 9:13 PM
Anonymous  

Great pick! I love that song! I've decided to agree with Verite! He left them alone with the loan! LOL

May 17, 2009 at 3:10 AM

Hey there!

You know, this reminded me that Frankie Beverly and Maze was always on the turntable whenever my parents had lawn parties!!!

*smiles*

And of course, the O'Jays were always on the turntables... I just remember some black woman on the album cover and honey was poured on her... I was too young to understand what that meant...

May 18, 2009 at 1:58 PM
Locations of visitors to this page
Visit SjP's Trophy Room for a Complete Tour

Best Posts

View blog authority

BlogBurst.com

RSSMicro FeedRank Results Page Rank Check My Zimbio Add to Technorati Favorites
Powered By Blogger

ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45 ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45