Sojourner's Place

sunday inspirations...explaining God  

Posted by SjP in

Ever try to explain to God to someone? I know that sometimes putting Him into words can be a difficult undertaking - because how do you explain Him? I often think that any attempt or the need to explain who God is, is a result of man having a god-complex. We can't explain, interpret, or predict God. All we can do is to have faith in His Word with the full recognition that HE IS who HE says HE IS. But, in knowing God - you certainly can describe what HE has done in your life and what HE IS like.

Perhaps after reading the list below, you will be able to add some of your own.

God is like...
BAYER ASPIRIN
He works miracles.

God is like...
a FORD
He's got a better idea.

God is like...
COKE
He's the real thing.

God is like...
HALLMARK CARDS
He cares enough to send His very best.

God is like...
TIDE
He gets the stains out that others leave behind.

God is like...
GENERAL ELECTRIC
He brings good things to life.

God is like...
SEARS
He has everything.

God is like...
ALKA-SELTZER
Try him, you’ll like Him.

God is like.
SCOTCH TAPE
You can’t see him, but you know He's there.

God is like...
DELTA
He's ready when you are.

God is like...
ALLSTATE
You're in good hands with Him.

God is like...
VO-5 HAIR SPRAY

He holds through all kinds of weather.

God is like...
DIAL SOAP
Aren't you glad you have Him? Don't you wish everybody did?

God is like...
the U.S. POST OFFICE
Neither rain, nor snow, nor will sleet nor ice keep Him from His appointed destination.

Sunday Inspirations, is the meme created in honor of my Mother for Mother's Day 2008 and is just one way to help get us through the week ahead, the trials we may face, and yes, to say Thank Ya and testify! I hope that you participate and share with us your Sunday Inspirations. Your weekly contribution may very well be the inspiration that someone else may need and has been looking for.




Obliged to you for hearing me,
and now old SjP ain't got nothin' more to say...
~~~ ~~~ ~~~
Black News Junkie ~ ~ Technorati ~ ~ Del.iciou.us ~ ~ Digg This! ~ ~ StumbleUpon ~ ~ Twitter ~ ~ My Good Towels ~ ~ FeedBlitz ~ ~ Email SjP


Sphere: Related Content

This entry was posted at Sunday, May 17, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the .

6 sojourners hollin' back

I enjoy reading your blog and the 'sunday inspirations' and it is a wonderful way to honor your mother.
I post a Sunday Reflection each week. I feel it is important to take time for spiritual reflection in our very busy world.
I tried to sign up - not sure if I did it correctly :-)
I'm still a newcomer to blogging.

May 17, 2009 at 9:17 AM

God Bless You! I enjoyed the Madison Avenue approach to sharing a reflection on God. I watched a movie yesterday called, 'Constantine' and God was a player in the story...

I invite your blog readers to enjoy a Sunday Inspiration post honoring our Black Mommas...

peace, Villager

May 17, 2009 at 9:51 AM
Anonymous  

This made me smile today!!

May 17, 2009 at 12:55 PM

Thank you for this. I really think it gets to the root of faith and how it really is about a trust in the unknown and the unknowable.

May 17, 2009 at 3:01 PM
matilda jerry  

I love your design.Interesting thoughts. Would you know of any place a black woman struggling can promote her book. I created a blog but I am also looking for a site with more info about promoting products by women clothed in black skin.

May 18, 2009 at 9:26 AM
matilda jerry  

Oh this is the blog
http://tryhouserules.blogspot.com

May 18, 2009 at 9:28 AM
Locations of visitors to this page
Visit SjP's Trophy Room for a Complete Tour

Best Posts

View blog authority

BlogBurst.com

RSSMicro FeedRank Results Page Rank Check My Zimbio Add to Technorati Favorites
Powered By Blogger

ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45 ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45