Sojourner's Place

Old School Friday...Men with Perms  

Posted by SjP in

Before Prince...Before Rick...Before El DeBarge...THERE WAS JACKIE! THE ULTIMATE MAN WITH A PERM!



This one was just too good not to post! It's a two-fer!



These men use to have perms, but they left the lye in too long and now they're bald! Just had to include this one as promised earlier this week regarding the
Rozita Swinton and the Texas FLDS Compound!



Mrs. Grapevine and MarvelousOne are the creators of this bloggie meme

Here’s how to play:

THE RULES:

1. ANYONE CAN PARTICIPATE

2. OLD SCHOOL IS DEFINED AS MUSIC CREATED BEFORE 1993

3. NO OFFENSIVE WORDS ALLOWED, PLEASE USE EDITED RADIO VERSION

4. POST A VIDEO OF YOUR FAVORITE OLD SCHOOL SONG TO TAKE US BACK DOWN MEMORY LANE

5. ADD YOUR NAME TO THE MEME LIST SO THAT OTHERS CAN CHECK YOU OUT

6. HAVE FUN & DON’T FORGET TO COMMENT

Obliged to you for hearing me, and now old Sojourner('s Place) ain't got nothing more to say.
~~SjP


Add to: Digg Add to: Del.icio.us Add to: Reddit Add to: StumbleUpon Add to: Furl Add to: Yahoo Add to: Google Add to: Blogmarks Add to: Technorati

Sphere: Related Content

This entry was posted at Friday, April 25, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the .

6 sojourners hollin' back

Someone else that is new to me...The Tams...

April 25, 2008 at 3:03 PM

uh-oh! one of us is showing her age...:>)! SjP

April 25, 2008 at 3:12 PM
Anonymous  

I have never heard of the TAMS, so I learned something new today.

You are the only one to post Michael Jackson, I just knew he would be all over the Afrosphere.

Jackie is just as popular as James Brown today.

But my new favorite are the TAMS. I like this song, it has a nice groove. I'll have to google them and check out more songs.

April 25, 2008 at 7:05 PM

This took me waaayyy back! My father had the "jackie wilson" thing going on back in the day; his pictures crack me up.

April 25, 2008 at 7:57 PM

I never heard of the Tams! That was interesting!
Jackie Wilson is making the rounds today!
Have a great weekend!

April 25, 2008 at 9:45 PM

oooo! I'm going to have to watch how "old school" I go! Ya'll reminding me of my age cause I bought that Tams cut as soon as it came out as a 45! :>) SjP

April 26, 2008 at 12:12 AM
Locations of visitors to this page
Visit SjP's Trophy Room for a Complete Tour

Best Posts

View blog authority

BlogBurst.com

RSSMicro FeedRank Results Page Rank Check My Zimbio Add to Technorati Favorites
Powered By Blogger

ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45 ss_blog_claim=2e257d71ca5f6a09d98a874a48a3ee45